• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling case fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hello my fellow Haf-X owner... i went red... and my red obviously owns your blue... but more about that later..

the coolermaster fans suck PERIOD.

you want the spectre pro series for 200/230mm... replace the fan up front and it will boost CMF dramatically; you can also make the front mounting hole larger to lower restriction of air to the new fan. you may know, there is tabs up front for 200mm and 180mm and those interfere with the air flow into the 230mm; dremel time. removing that lower drive bay will lower restriction too...

up top, two 200mm spectre pro will GREATLY improve air out the top.. you also have the option for 140mm i think up top. you can also open up (dremel) the top of the case to allow more air through the 200mm fans.

i have a 230mm bitfenix spectre pro on the way (in the mail)... if you want to wait a few days I can tell you my thoughts on it.

i turned the side 200mm to blow out; assuming 230mm IN up front and the 200mm out would help suck that up front air out of the case... i swapped the 140mm in the back to blow air in... to provide cool air to my rx360 setup.

replace the 230mm blowing IN, 200mm side blowing IN, and 2x 200mm top blowing OUT... with the spectre pro series fans... and i bet you'll increase air flow through the case by at least 2 or 3 folds.

PS: lovw the blue paint job... did you paint the grills too... or is it ALL blue?

Just trying to get the best performance...with a little "bling" I guess you could say...my thought Los were to go with these bitfenix, but I'm open to other suggestions as well...

Yes I know cooler master fans suck...the 140mm fan in the tuniq 120 itself has blown Way all the fans that came with that case...which is why I went with the haf x standard instead of the "blue edition"

hello my fellow Haf-X owner... i went red... and my red obviously owns your blue... but more about that later..

the coolermaster fans suck PERIOD.

you want the spectre pro series for 200/230mm... replace the fan up front and it will boost CMF dramatically; you can also make the front mounting hole larger to lower restriction of air to the new fan. you may know, there is tabs up front for 200mm and 180mm and those interfere with the air flow into the 230mm; dremel time. removing that lower drive bay will lower restriction too...

up top, two 200mm spectre pro will GREATLY improve air out the top.. you also have the option for 140mm i think up top. you can also open up (dremel) the top of the case to allow more air through the 200mm fans.

i have a 230mm bitfenix spectre pro on the way (in the mail)... if you want to wait a few days I can tell you my thoughts on it.

i turned the side 200mm to blow out; assuming 230mm IN up front and the 200mm out would help suck that up front air out of the case... i swapped the 140mm in the back to blow air in... to provide cool air to my rx360 setup.

replace the 230mm blowing IN, 200mm side blowing IN, and 2x 200mm top blowing OUT... with the spectre pro series fans... and i bet you'll increase air flow through the case by at least 2 or 3 folds.

PS: lovw the blue paint job... did you paint the grills too... or is it ALL blue?

I painted everything you see that's blue. I didn't paint the front grills nor the top grills blue due to the fact I thought it may have been overkill. I am thinking of painting the quick click tabs blue and the bottom right slide tray (the face) blue....ordered the spectre pro all the way around.

140mm - back panel
3-200mm - up top, and window panel
230mm - front panel

Also had them match the cables and the heat shrink to the blue. Next modification: both 8-pin and 24-pin cables are going to be dressed in the matching blue...:thup:

Ps, how did yours turn out my fellow HAF X overclocker?

Last edited:
I run 13 spectre pro's in my switch 810 and I love them nice vivid color easy on the ears even at 100% speed. cant go wrong imho.

Back