• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Youtube problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

For some really irritating reason I can't watch a Youtube video without it pausing to buffer multiple times, yet I'm DLing skyrim from steam at 6.7mbs....

Is there anything I can do to make youtube behave?
anyone I can punch in the face?

1) Maybe you use all your bandwidth with downloading skyrim
2) youtube servers are unbearable these days. Advertisement loads fine, but if you want to watch a video -> takes an eternity to buffer

1) Maybe you use all your bandwidth with downloading skyrim
2) youtube servers are unbearable these days. Advertisement loads fine, but if you want to watch a video -> takes an eternity to buffer

I havent seen a add on youtube in years Get add block plus

I use adblock plus. I meant sometimes you open a video and then an advertisement video will appear. In most cases you can skip the ad after 5 seconds, sometimes you have to watch that clip first.

I've got addblock plus, But I still have to endure the pointless garbage ads at the start of the videos.

However after the video starts it will almost instantly pause. Its more like its not buffering at all.

like the thing forgot to DL the vid....

I've got addblock plus, But I still have to endure the pointless garbage ads at the start of the videos.
Add block can only block pop ups I think there is no way to avoid these ads. Considering the price google paid for youtube and the service it provides I am able to live with that though. Its just a PITA that the ads load fine while it seems you have to wait an eternity until the actual videos loads. I always choose 1080p - nothing happens and then switch to 720p and it works. Or vice versa. One way or another I have the feeling there are different servers involved or the priorities change and you will be able to watch the video. For videos longer than 10 minutes I grad and download them anyway. I dont want to wait for buffering in the middle of the video.

Last edited:
Sometimes you just get a bad server. Refresh the page and it usually works fine.

Right click any YouTube video and click "Take Speed Test." Should redirect you to here. It may be a fault with your ISP rather than your connection. I've seen several threads of Comcast users complaining about YouTube recently, for example.

IDK what you guys are talking about with add block I NEVER see any adds at the begining of youtube vids
can some one post a link of a vid that they get a add so I can see what you guys mean

With ad block you shouldn't see any ads, even in the videos. I've noticed buffering at home lately on a 30/30 connection on a regular basis, with nothing else using the bandwidth. At work, which has a slower connection, I don't get any buffering. It's really frustrating. I feel like my ISP may be filtering / DE-prioritising youtube traffic.

I have noticed sluggish YT performance for the last week. I attribute it to everyone else getting on the same time during the evening, but it's been really bad lately.

Anyone have any ideas how to improve this, it's becoming unbearable. I could buffer vids before by pausing them and then watching them once loaded, but now they don't even buffer when loaded.

Yeah, I've noticed this over the past 2 or so weeks as well, Verizon DSL in NJ. If I tether my 4G, no problems.

I'm pretty sure it's a routing issue with the ISP and Google dumping you onto an overloaded server, whether intentionally (evil ISP) or through a broken load-balancer (Google) of some sort.

Changing your DNS provider (don't forget to flush your DNS cache ipconfig /flushdns) might work, routing you to a different servers.

Last edited:
Back