Disabled

speeding up firefox

found this on another forum.

Code:
    1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

2. Alter the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"
    Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.

much faster for me.

Benching Profile
    Firefox is as fast as it is, as someone who have tried that stuff before, I can tell you that some servers may get pissed with too high pipelining, and the paint delay is there for not making window transitions choppy. If you want a faster firefox, I advise playing with hardware acceleration and smooth scrolling, and if you want you can go 64-bit FF, Waterfox.
    Processor: De-Lidded 3770k w/ Stock Cooler @ 4.2Ghz Graphics: 7970 1.1/1.5 Ghz Core/Memory Memory: Corsair Vengenance 2 x 8GB @ 2133 Mhz
    Storage: M4-128G + Cached F3-1TB Sound: Creative TitaniumHD 720NA op-amp w/ Good Old Sony Stereo PSU: Seasonic X-850 Case: xPredator X3 Red
    Interface: WASD V2 Cherry Red w/ 0.4mm Dampeners; Razer Abyssus w/ Goliathus Speed Monitor: VG248QE Optical: LG 14x BD-RW

Primarily a tweaker. I love optimization. Majoring in Mathematics Engineering. I try to overclock little to keep things stable and silent.
    Working in Linux and Windows both. Worked in C and Java. Do just a tiny bit of Web Design. Currently learning PHP and C#.
    Feel free to add me on Steam but send a PM about your nick first since I ignore random adds, trader habit.
    Minor anime addiction. Mostly for enjoying and passing time. And finally, good to be back.

3. Thanks!

Mandrake4565 (02-20-13)

Disabled
    Quote Originally Posted by ozan View Post
    Firefox is as fast as it is, as someone who have tried that stuff before, I can tell you that some servers may get pissed with too high pipelining, and the paint delay is there for not making window transitions choppy. If you want a faster firefox, I advise playing with hardware acceleration and smooth scrolling, and if you want you can go 64-bit FF, Waterfox.
    what severs ?
    not everyone uses windows. So Waterfox is not a sure fix for speed.

10 Year Badge
    "network.http.pipelining" to "true"
    "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"
    This also sped up Firefox for me when I had 56K!

This makes the browser more responsive on all types of internet services.

Using pipelining with the default amount of requests works like a charm with probably most servers.

Pipelining allows faster browsing without using more bandwidth of an ISP, thus a server shouldn't complain.

Opera has HTTP pipelining enabled by default, IIRC.
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 02-18-13 at 06:02 PM.
    Asus Maximus II Gene- Core 2 Quad Q6600 SLACR @ 3.3 Ghz (367x9.0)

Where I come from "Z97" is a radio station
    -ICH10R
    - eVGA GeForce GT 640-Antec VP-450

" holy cow!! you find a rat in there too!?!?!? " -turbohans
    "Reinstall winders." -jivetrky
    "I think I am going to need another coke before I start this up." -cadman420
    "Soon Windows will be 50 gb! lololol" -Tokae
    "NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA."

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by ozan View Post

it is? last time i used FF it was bloated. i'm more partial to chrome right now even more so since they pushed out chromium for android.
    Main Rig: [Silverstone TJ06 painted hammer black] [Intel E6550 3.2 ghz 1.35v ] [4 gigs Gskil] [Asus P5k Premium Wifi/ap] [Soundblaster Audiguy ZS platinum] [ATI 3560 pro] [enhiem 1250 pump, Swiftech Storm, primoflex tubing, mcres micro, maze 4 gpu block][ Windows Vista x64 Ultimate sp1]
    HTPC: [LianLI V300B] [Opty 165 1.88 ghz] [Thermalright XP90] [2 gb OCZ Platinum DDR400] [Soundblaster X-FI Xtreme Music] [8600GT Stock] [Windows Vista Home Premium sp1]
    Server: [Rocketfish Tower] [c2d E6600][Scythe Ninja Jr] [4 gigs Gskil ddr2 800][ATI X850XT ] [Windows Vista B]
    Network: Cisco 851W uptime: forever
    Heatware

Benching Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by gangaskan View Post
    it is? last time i used FF it was bloated. i'm more partial to chrome right now even more so since they pushed out chromium for android.
    I find chrome bloated and kinda spying on me these days. I don't trust it's incognito at all. Only chrome I'd use is chromium on linux. That thing is less glitchy and fast like the old days:P

Firefox handles lots of tabs and flash content wonderfully tho. Chrome is crashfest.
    Processor: De-Lidded 3770k w/ Stock Cooler @ 4.2Ghz Graphics: 7970 1.1/1.5 Ghz Core/Memory Memory: Corsair Vengenance 2 x 8GB @ 2133 Mhz
    Storage: M4-128G + Cached F3-1TB Sound: Creative TitaniumHD 720NA op-amp w/ Good Old Sony Stereo PSU: Seasonic X-850 Case: xPredator X3 Red
    Interface: WASD V2 Cherry Red w/ 0.4mm Dampeners; Razer Abyssus w/ Goliathus Speed Monitor: VG248QE Optical: LG 14x BD-RW

Primarily a tweaker. I love optimization. Majoring in Mathematics Engineering. I try to overclock little to keep things stable and silent.
    Working in Linux and Windows both. Worked in C and Java. Do just a tiny bit of Web Design. Currently learning PHP and C#.
    Feel free to add me on Steam but send a PM about your nick first since I ignore random adds, trader habit.
    Minor anime addiction. Mostly for enjoying and passing time. And finally, good to be back.

Premium Member #18 txus.palacios's Avatar
    Benching Profile Folding Profile
    There are some nice Firefox tweaks here (ArchWiki), ignore the parts that involve Linux.
    Maximus V Gene | i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz (ekHF) | 16GiB | GTX470 SLI @ 800MHz (ekFC) | m4 128GB | Arch + Win8
    [ more info... ]

The only sound I want to hear out of my computer (unless I'm gaming or watching a movie) is the hum of my 6000 rpm fan pushing air through my heatsink. - Seebs
    If I turn up dead, somebody make sure they put "should have just benched in the cold" on my tombstone, along with my most recent superpi32m score. - I.M.O.G.
    I didn't go water-cooling for an air-cooling Vcore!! - bluezero5
    I'll rm -rf /yourface/* - thideras

9. Thanks!

Stratus_ss (02-26-13)