• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NIDEC TA500DC Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkade

Hello, today just received 3 Nidec TA500DC(A34538-90's) fans. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on them, I can't use them until Tuesday when I get back to the shop. They look to have 6 wires. If i'm not mistaken Nidec's wiring goes like this right?

Black - ground
Blue - ground
Orange - tach
Red - 12v
Green - PWM
Yellow - Fan Out of Spec Indication(Basically a failure output)

Thanks.

So i'm no Expert on Nidec, but do these fans Internally pull the PWM to high or low when not connected. I know if it's low, I can just attach the 5v rail to it, but i am curious if anyone know off the top of their head. Also is black the Motor ground and blue a ground reference for the PWM(could be useful for Driving the fan with a different PSU than the PWM driver).

Last edited:
I got no idea about the PWM reference ground part, and, alas I can't seem to find a TA500DC datasheet (I swear I had one somewhere...)

But, IIRC, when there's no PWM, it pulls it high, to 100% duty cycle.

I got no idea about the PWM reference ground part, and, alas I can't seem to find a TA500DC datasheet (I swear I had one somewhere...)

But, IIRC, when there's no PWM, it pulls it high, to 100% duty cycle.

I looked, nidec's TA500DC data sheet doesn't include this model, and also i have had few PWM fans that internally pull low.

Wow, Found out it uses inverted PWM, 5 volts in stops it, no voltage or ground runs it. This is gonna suck to use.

No? My Delta's, My Sayno's and Even my other Nidecs didn't do this.

If I don't connect it, it goes to full RPM, if I connect ground to the PWM, it stays at Full RPM, apply 5 V to the PWM, and it will go to a dead stop.

Back