• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Game flickering when NOT in window-mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

retsgtcas

***MODS if this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know and I will move it.***

PlanetSide 2, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Orcs Must Die! 2, and many other steam-based games will flicker / have the wrong color scheme if they are not played in Window-mode / full window-mode.

• No new hardware has been installed
  • Latest Catalyst drivers have been installed.
  • Directx 9 / 11 downloaded and installed.
  • Used to run a dual monitor setup, but have gone back to one for the time being.

I have played around will all settings in Catalyst that I can think of, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks for the help!

Steam just did some updates over the weekend. When I was playing Hitman Absolution they did updates and I was unable to play after that. Had to reinstall the game.

Steam just did some updates over the weekend. When I was playing Hitman Absolution they did updates and I was unable to play after that. Had to reinstall the game.

Did a game re-install, but it didn't help. The game defaulted to window mode without the flickering. Changed to full screen under video options and the flickering / wrong color scheme started again.

I'm running a Dell UltraSharp U2412M, if that matters. Catalyst settings all set to default, except for X-fire.

Problem solved!

• Turned off X-fire under catalyst controller.
  • Shut down machine.
  • Reseated my X-Fire Bridge.
  • Rebooted into windows.

I no longer have the flickering. I will guess there was some problem between DirectX and my crossfire setup.

Back