• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory fans, worth it? + other cooling options.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

Well since I am currently pimping out my new build, was looking to add more stuff to plug into it.

Was looking at this G.Skill Memory Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835236002

Any good? or worth using? Also I'm guessing it's a pretty much universal fit any mobo type thing? As I have never even tried one of these or looked at any type of memory cooling. Other suggestions welcome.

Also what other types of neatness could I add to my case?

If your pimping it's pretty cool looking. If you have good case airflow and your not overvoltaging the ram to support Ln2 cooling, then don't need it.

The only thing I done was OC my CPU to 4.0ghz and that is all I will probably do for a while.

Guess it would look nice inside my case, I just need to find something that lights up red.

If your running high voltages through your ram or doing a lot of benchmarking it's worthwhile.

I always have a fan or two on my memory when I'm running 2.8V+ (or 3.2V-3.4V in the case of my BH-5).

I don't know how warm/hot DDR3 can get under heavy loads or higher voltages though.

Was mainly going to use it for Bling. Just wanted to know how much it helped. I looked around and didn't find many ram coolers that added bling.

Was mainly looking for one to match my HAF X case that was maybe black with red led fans.

Back