• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED hyper 212+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrsj77

Registered
Hello,
Well let me start out and say i've decided to buy myself a hyper 212+ heatsink, because i'm sick of this noisy stock fan on my fx 4170 plus I want to lower my temps. Right now my temps are at 50-52c cpu temp(cpuid & speedfan) 39-42c core temps (cpuid & core temp) while playing guild wars 2plus it seems like i'm idling kind of high like 40c and 42c as i'm typing this.

So to make a long story short those temps seem kind of high to me and i'm going to try out an aftermarket heatsink for the first time, i'm not to concerned about the install just mainly the application of the thermal grease? any tips on this would be much appreciated.

,thanks in advance :)

42C? No mention of your ambients? 42 C is silly low meaning your using the wrong proggy to measure temps to start with.

We call it thermal paste. Or Tpaste. No mention of what Tpaste your using, or pics of your application.

P95 small ffts for 10 minutes test and state your ambient temps, and post screen shots of your temp results.

42C your measuring wrong or you live in Alaska. But a 4170 AMD isn't a screamer I think by any means, so you could be correct.

42C? No mention of your ambients? 42 C is silly low meaning your using the wrong proggy to measure temps to start with.

We call it thermal paste. Or Tpaste. No mention of what Tpaste your using, or pics of your application.

P95 small ffts for 10 minutes test and state your ambient temps, and post screen shots of your temp results.

42C your measuring wrong or you live in Alaska. But a 4170 AMD isn't a screamer I think by any means, so you could be correct.
well my ambient temps are like 75f is what my thermostat says, but i get different readings from different freeware i'm using like I said my core temps while gaming are 42c using core temp and cpuid has my core temps the same,but speedfan, cpuid and my motherboard read the actual (cpu temp) up to like 54c. Also this is a stock fan on there right now with pre applied thermal paste. And I was hoping for more help with the actual application of the thermal paste because regardless of these temps,I can't live with the stock cpu fan noise any longer.

Last edited:
I use a pea size drop in the middle of the CPU IHS and then just mount the heatsink.
So a pea size should be fine using the hyper 212+ ? I was just worried about the direct contact heatpipes and if it would spread correctly

So a pea size should be fine using the hyper 212+ ? I was just worried about the direct contact heatpipes and if it would spread correctly

Yes it works fine with heat pipes, if you want apply it once clamp check temp then remove and see how you like it.

I have found over the years the thinner the TIM the better.

Yes it works fine with heat pipes, if you want apply it once clamp check temp then remove and see how you like it.

I have found over the years the thinner the TIM the better.
Well thanks alot for the direct and fast responce and i'll try the pea size method since i've seen it mentioned alot, but I figured I would ask here since most people are very helpful here and have alot of knowledge.

many thanks

Back