Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
    Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    Correct, ASUS & EVGA are the only companies with TITAN in the North American market. There are others in other markets.

NVIDIA never said outright that no one was allowed to modify TITAN. However, if you had to spend R&D money on making a custom PCB and HSF on a $1,000 card with already small market share, made even smaller by the fact that you would have to increase the price, when it's already out-performed by others in its segment....would you?

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
    I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

Premium Member #5

Quote Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
    Correct, ASUS & EVGA are the only companies with TITAN in the North American market. There are others in other markets.
    hmm, is there a reason NCIX has a Zotac GTX Titan for pre-order?
    EDIT:Link
    Last edited by bmwbaxter; 02-22-13 at 08:00 AM.
    SSD > PCMark 05
    freeagent - Torture is watching all these 2600k's kicking my rig in the mosfets

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front
    Page and Super Mutterator

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

I missed it.. that link isnt to a search... just the main page. When I search Titan, I dont see any Zotac's in that list (top or bottom)?

http://us.ncix.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=Titan

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Water Cooled Moderator
    I can only see EVGA & ASUS on NCIX: Link. Error perhaps?

Be that as it may, I'm just stating what the press was told by NVIDIA. There certainly wouldn't be anything wrong with others bringing it to market from a consumer standpoint, but I doubt EVGA & ASUS would be very happy after being told they had this market.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
    I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

Premium Member #5

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDog View Post
    I missed it.. that link isnt to a search... just the main page. When I search Titan, I dont see any Zotac's in that list (top or bottom)?

http://us.ncix.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=Titan
    hmm, when I click the link it takes me to the search.

anyways, on the canadian part of the site it shows up in the search.

Name:  Titan.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  255.3 KB

I was just curious as to if maybe EVGA and ASUS are only launch partners but other companies will release versions of TITAN later?
    SSD > PCMark 05

Water Cooled Moderator
    Not sure. NVIDIA said EVGA & ASUS were the exclusive board partners for TITAN in North America. They never mentioned who is carrying what in other markets. Maybe "North America" really means "US" and Canada falls in some other market? I've never actually seen a map of NVIDIA's regions. Logic would say Canada is in NA, but I've found logic often fails to rule the day...

Premium Member #5

Be that as it may, I'm just stating what the press was told by NVIDIA. There certainly wouldn't be anything wrong with others bringing it to market from a consumer standpoint, but I doubt EVGA & ASUS would be very happy after being told they had this market.
    I understand, I was just curious since more people making the cards means more supply and more supply= better prices and the greater chance of a Matrix/Classfied/Lighting cards since partners will want their own FASTEST single GPU t-shirt.
    Not sure. NVIDIA said EVGA & ASUS were the exclusive board partners for TITAN in North America. They never mentioned who is carrying what in other markets. Maybe "North America" really means "US" and Canada falls in some other market? I've never actually seen a map of NVIDIA's regions. Logic would say Canada is in NA, but I've found logic often fails to rule the day...
    I also view Canada as part of NA. Maybe the guys at Nvidia didn't do so well at geography
    SSD > PCMark 05

NVIDIA never said outright that no one was allowed to modify TITAN. However, if you had to spend R&D money on making a custom PCB and HSF on a $1,000 card with already small market share, made even smaller by the fact that you would have to increase the price, when it's already out-performed by others in its segment....would you?
    Point well taken. But in the small segment of buyers that are going to spend that amount of money anyway, what's a couple of extra C-notes for a bit more headroom, cooling, bling? Just a thought is all; luxury markets thrive on perceived and actual value and this seems to be a luxury item to me.
    Main rig: ASUS Z87 A||Intel i7-4770K @4.25 ||Corsair H100i
    Antec EA 650w||G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 x8||Crucial M4 128GB
    Seagate 1Tb F1 7200 32Mb||HIS Radeon R9 290X ->Tt water 3.0 performer via G10 bracket
    NZXT Phantom Black||fans 1x140, 5x120, 1x200||Asus VN247H-P||Win7 Pro 64-bit
    Folding User Stats

In memory of Adak

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

WE are paying a couple of extra 'C notes' they will likely be paying MILLIONS for R&D. With its pricepoint, I cant imagine a full ROI like you would with other cards selling, again guessing here, exponentially more units, making a full ROI possible and quicker. I just dont think there is a big enough market for this card, but again, I have no idea... its just making an educated guess knowing the market.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Water Cooled Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert17 View Post
    Point well taken. But in the small segment of buyers that are going to spend that amount of money anyway, what's a couple of extra C-notes for a bit more headroom, cooling, bling? Just a thought is all; luxury markets thrive on perceived and actual value and this seems to be a luxury item to me.
    It would make more sense if Titan was at the price it should be ($800 for a reference card IMHO). Then they could give it higher clocks and toss a better cooler on it for $1,000. Maybe that'll end up happening after it's been out for a while, who knows.

It's not a bad thought though and I could be wrong of course.

11. Thanks!

EarthDog (02-22-13)

800, even 700 could already be an high enough price for the titan. The card is more than 2x the price of a 680 but is not more than 2x the performance of a 680.
    Boulard83 @ OvercloQc.com
    BTTB
    Gigabyte Z87X-OC WCed 4770k 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz cas8 Zotac GTX 780 Asus Xonar Pheobus
    OS Toshiba Q 256gb Games 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0 Corsair HX850 Tecnofront HWD BenchTable Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

HTPC Gigabyte H77m-D3H G2020 NT-06 2x4gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz Asus GTX 650 TI SB Recon3D
    X25-m 80gb Enermax 550w Lian Li PC-C60B

Server Asus Z77m PRO 2500K NH-C12P 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb Corsair CX430M 2X 1TB Black 1x 2TB green

KatPat Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 FX-8320 PH-TC14CS 2x4gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz GTS 450 + Accelero L2 Plus
    Samsung Evo 120gb Corsair HX750 Bitfenix Survivor White Asus VE247H

A cheaper price point would get it in more consumer hands and Nvidia knows that, but I think this card was meant to be "exclusive" and Nvidia wanted to show their muscle flexing power.
    I think the Titan is meant to be more of a "gun show" than a money maker...
    Last edited by TonyMc; 02-22-13 at 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    Computer: I7 3820 42x100 @ 1.216v||Asus Rampage IV Extreme||GTX 780 Ti Reference||GSkill Ripjaws Z 2133 16gb||OCZ Agility 60gb SSD||Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD||Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 850w PSU||Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24||1 Asus VS238H-P and 3 Dell S2740L
    Water cooling: XSPC Raystorm||2x XSPC RX360||Swiftech MCB655 with Bitspower mod top and mod kit||Phobya Balancer 250||EK FC780 copper/acrylic WB||Bitspower Fittings
    My Copper Pipe Build

My Heatware
    Folding User Stats

I am pretty sure 670s SLI beats it handily for 700ish now, However the RAM is the best part of it...6gb...nice.
    Intel 2600k @4.5ghz Megahalem/Corsair SP120 Pull
    Gskill Sniper 8gb DDR3-2133cas8 @ 1866
    MSI P67A-GD65 BIOS 2.4
    Galaxy Winforce GTX670 @1215/3404 SLI
    Xfi Fatality Pro Sound
    Boot /Adata SX900 256gb SSD
    Storage/ 2x 640GB WDAAK Raid 0
    Antec 1200/Corsair 750 TX PSU / Win7 Pro 64bit
    Yamakasi 30" IPS 2560x1600

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    But 6gb is complete overkill in virtually any real world situation minus maybe the 0.0001% that run some sort of 6-screen HD thing or have a compute reason to use that much vram.

In newer title + 3 display setup with very high graphic detail you end up using well over 2gb on the 680-70 and you can top out the 3gb from the 7970/50 to. 6gb is just futurproofing it IMO. I run surround for more than 3 years now and let me tell you that a better memory bus/amount is something i need.
    Boulard83 @ OvercloQc.com
    BTTB
    Gigabyte Z87X-OC WCed 4770k 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz cas8 Zotac GTX 780 Asus Xonar Pheobus
    OS Toshiba Q 256gb Games 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0 Corsair HX850 Tecnofront HWD BenchTable Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

HTPC Gigabyte H77m-D3H G2020 NT-06 2x4gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz Asus GTX 650 TI SB Recon3D
    X25-m 80gb Enermax 550w Lian Li PC-C60B

Server Asus Z77m PRO 2500K NH-C12P 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb Corsair CX430M 2X 1TB Black 1x 2TB green

KatPat Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 FX-8320 PH-TC14CS 2x4gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz GTS 450 + Accelero L2 Plus
    Samsung Evo 120gb Corsair HX750 Bitfenix Survivor White Asus VE247H

Researches Meritless
    LIES for the Front

Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Mostly, but there are some situations where over 3GB is used with 1080p...See funsoul's thread. Imagine that at 2560x1440 x3? or 2560x1600 x3? Its not frequent for sure, but its not as rare as most would think.

18. Thanks!

bmwbaxter (02-22-13)

Water Cooled Moderator
    Quick author's note: I updated the FPS chart in the review with Crysis 3 to reflect the numbers gained as mentioned in this post.

Asus Titans are popping up on the market here in The Netherlands:
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/32792...gtx-titan.html
    For a cool 1000 Euro though

Hopefully the price will drop somewhat in the coming months, but I'm not holding my breath. 800 Would have been a better price point.
    Even Older Rig 2001: Scaleo 600 Case, Forton 250W, AMD 2100 XP Palomino, KT7266 Pro 2 mobo, 2x512mb PC2100, WD 80gb7200rpm, GF4 MX 440 64mb, SoundBlaster Live 5.1!, 19" Scaleo C994 monitor, Logitech MX500 mouse

Old Rig 2005-2008
    Antec 1000AMG, OCZ Powerstream 520W, Gigabyte P35-DS3 v1.0, Intel Q6600@2.4GHz, Thermalright Ultra X Heatsink+120mm Panaflo fan, 2x 1GB GSkill DDR2 800 MHz@ 4-4-4-12 + 2x 2GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz@4-4-4-12, ASUS 8800GTS 640, Intel X25-V 40GB SSD, WD 600GB V-Raptor, WD Caviar 200GB, SB Audigy 2 ZS, IceMat 2nd Ed. Blue, Logitech MX518, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital, Senheiser PC150

New Laptop 2012:
    http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=718295

Fronting as a Mod Member
    Not much more than some PR stunt, but hey... KP goes quad-sli with TITAN!

Daily Driver: GA-890FXA-UD5 - Ph II X6 1090T - 16GB DDR3 1333MHz - MSI R9 280X Gaming Edition/HD 5670/HD6570 - Venomous X Black + G1238B12BBZP-00 - TX850V2 - CM 690 II Advanced
    Join the "Benching Team" - We have secret sauce! - OptyTrooper: GPUs are for burning not playing games anyway
    Kona on League of Legends: This game sits about as well with me as a gallon of prune juice does, and the results are just as nasty.
    I done got Pinked...

Be sure to pre-tin everything (even soldered stuff!) with leaded solder. None of the RoHS junk. You want good old fashioned toxic heavy metals. ~ Bobnova

Premium Member #5

That record on air costs more than the previous on ln2 including the cost of the pots.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast