• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GTX TITAN Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should work on any "brand" too, given that they're all the same currently :D
That's pretty cool.

Wow. Four large on GPUs alone. That's insane...especially considering at least one large is somewhat pointless when very few games scale with the fourth GPU. Not that four of those things side by side and/or on top of each other isn't dead sexy!

EDIT - I love how people at some forums just ignore facts and go off just because they're...well, they're just not nice people. Like this guy, who calls the person buying them greedy and lambasts him for buying four of only 10,000 made. Not only is that a jerk thing to say, it's patently false. He would have seen there is no artificial limitation if he had managed to read just one review of the many out there. But why let the facts get in the way of a good troll? :p

Last edited:
Yummy Titan Hydrocopper Classified........... DAMN my wasteful spending this spring. Im gonna end up missing out on another product I would love to own.

Wow. Four large on GPUs alone. That's insane...especially considering at least one large is somewhat pointless when very few games scale with the fourth GPU. Not that four of those things side by side and/or on top of each other isn't dead sexy!

EDIT - I love how people at some forums just ignore facts and go off just because they're...well, they're just not nice people. Like this guy, who calls the person buying them greedy and lambasts him for buying four of only 10,000 made. Not only is that a jerk thing to say, it's patently false. He would have seen there is no artificial limitation if he had managed to read just one review of the many out there. But why let the facts get in the way of a good troll? :p

Some people are just jealous. I find it more comical that he has that badass system with 128gb and 64gb SSD drives. Atleast go spend $300 and get a nice size 512gb!!!

Titan is about nVidia supremacy on single GPU.

they have no reason to make it any cheaper, cause there's basically no single GPU competition out there for it. You want the max 3-way SLI? well, there's no AMD combination that will give you anything close.

as such, the Titan WILL have a market, and since this market 'isn't very large', to keep it profitable, the price of the Titan will need to sit around the $1000 mark. and as long as it does, it will be a profitable stream for Nvidia until AMD comes with an Answer to hurt the line.

but judging on AMD choosing to not fight Intel on the E-series of chips, I feel they will likely also choose not to fight Nvidia on the Euthausist line either. AMD will be happy doing they 'mid-range' business... and this strategy, is what voodoo, inno, and other GPU makers choose, until eventually they were just eaten by the market.

AMD needs a Titan answer to survive.
and I sure hope they do come with one.

AMD needs a Titan answer to survive.

Why? Performance of the 7970 comes real close for how far apart they are in price.

If AMD releases a $1000 gpu that would force both companies to drop prices on the cards and next thing you know they would be $600 due to price competitions. The Titan is only a threat to benching and to people who want to run with the most extreme rigs.

agreed with moocow, AMD does not need a Titan to be competitive. They can sell two 7970s that outperform a titan at less cost.

agreed with moocow, AMD does not need a Titan to be competitive. They can sell two 7970s that outperform a titan at less cost.

It'd be a "halo product", much like Titan is for nVidia. By having the top performing single GPU product, the rest of the lineup enjoys a boost in sales. Not from this crowd probably, but enough to make a difference.

One thing it seems people are forgetting is the compute performance of the Titan when looking at the price. The Tesla K20 is around $3500 and the $1000 Titan is neck and neck with it in both single and double precision matrix multiplication benchmarks (hard to find Titan vs K20 numbers).

So, depending on the intended application of the Titan, it could be considered a steal at only $1000.

Yep products like Tesla, and Quadro come at a premium, and sometimes the application demands it. If you look at this from a compute level its a very good price indeed. Id be tempted to fold on one once its supported. Sadly my budget doesn't accommodate for such luxuries, just glad to have the 670 I happen to have.

Why? Performance of the 7970 comes real close for how far apart they are in price.

you do know the Titan is nearly twice the performance of the 7970 right?

yes, price efficency 7970 is higher, but then if price efficiency should be taken into calculation, then the lower end, GTX 560 etc will be even more efficient.

my point was, most companies see themselves decline from the point they fail to compete for the throne. and I am worried that be the case for AMD.

Back