• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GTX TITAN Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't see $600 of performance better than a 7970, personally.
Don't forget you can get two 7970s on one PCB for $800, too.

It's impressive single die performance, but woefully overpriced for the actual performance IMO.

It's epowered anyway :D
Plus you can take a soldering iron to the card and "adjust" the power target if you want.
I'll give you a walkthrough if you want to chase him! :rock:

@ Vince's submissions:

<re-insert 'Mother Of God' picture>

I wonder what sort of safety net scores he has behind those.

Thermic shot of the Titan

boulard83_thermique_gtx_titan.jpg

Neat toy! I can easily agree with those temperatures. The back of that card gets quite warm on a test bench if you don't put a fan on it.

Hahahhaha he brings us thermal camera shots of the Titan! You are the man, boulard! :)

Being french ( from quebec/canada ) is sometimes usefull ;) hardware.fr are the only reviews/news site that take thermal shot of GPUs and other computer stuff.

Its sometimes surprising how a supposed good aftermarket cooler dont do its job correctly.

But isnt that the stock cooler? And it doesnt cool the PCB...That is just heat soak through the components on to the board...

Did I misunderstand you (I really need that caffeine!)?

But isnt that the stock cooler? And it doesnt cool the PCB...That is just heat soak through the components on to the board...

Did I misunderstand you (I really need that caffeine!)?

i think you do :p
i think he meant just other things in general, talking more about the thermal images showing stuff on other stuff that is surprisingly not good stuff :D

^^ +1 wagex.

Look these 580's shot. The Gainward phantom, gigabyte SOC and Zotac Amp2 all have aftermarked dual or triple fan cooling but the VRMs end up way to hot under intensive load.

GTX_580_boulard83.JPG

Enough off topic, back to the epicness of the titan, i want more surround reviews of the card ! ! !

Those thermal shots are pretty neat. May I ask what you use to get those images?

I figured it was a thermal imaging camera :p

I was just hoping for a specific model to see how much something like that costs.

EDIT: Thanks for the edit with the Ti25! Looks like expensive stuff :D

Back