• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GTX TITAN Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Correct, ASUS & EVGA are the only companies with TITAN in the North American market. There are others in other markets.

NVIDIA never said outright that no one was allowed to modify TITAN. However, if you had to spend R&D money on making a custom PCB and HSF on a $1,000 card with already small market share, made even smaller by the fact that you would have to increase the price, when it's already out-performed by others in its segment....would you?

I can only see EVGA & ASUS on NCIX: Link. Error perhaps?

Be that as it may, I'm just stating what the press was told by NVIDIA. There certainly wouldn't be anything wrong with others bringing it to market from a consumer standpoint, but I doubt EVGA & ASUS would be very happy after being told they had this market.

I missed it.. that link isnt to a search... just the main page. When I search Titan, I dont see any Zotac's in that list (top or bottom)?

http://us.ncix.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=Titan

hmm, when I click the link it takes me to the search.

anyways, on the canadian part of the site it shows up in the search.

Titan.JPG

I was just curious as to if maybe EVGA and ASUS are only launch partners but other companies will release versions of TITAN later?

Not sure. NVIDIA said EVGA & ASUS were the exclusive board partners for TITAN in North America. They never mentioned who is carrying what in other markets. Maybe "North America" really means "US" and Canada falls in some other market? I've never actually seen a map of NVIDIA's regions. Logic would say Canada is in NA, but I've found logic often fails to rule the day...

Be that as it may, I'm just stating what the press was told by NVIDIA. There certainly wouldn't be anything wrong with others bringing it to market from a consumer standpoint, but I doubt EVGA & ASUS would be very happy after being told they had this market.
I understand, I was just curious since more people making the cards means more supply and more supply= better prices and the greater chance of a Matrix/Classfied/Lighting cards since partners will want their own FASTEST single GPU t-shirt.
Not sure. NVIDIA said EVGA & ASUS were the exclusive board partners for TITAN in North America. They never mentioned who is carrying what in other markets. Maybe "North America" really means "US" and Canada falls in some other market? I've never actually seen a map of NVIDIA's regions. Logic would say Canada is in NA, but I've found logic often fails to rule the day...

I also view Canada as part of NA. Maybe the guys at Nvidia didn't do so well at geography :p

Correct, ASUS & EVGA are the only companies with TITAN in the North American market. There are others in other markets.

NVIDIA never said outright that no one was allowed to modify TITAN. However, if you had to spend R&D money on making a custom PCB and HSF on a $1,000 card with already small market share, made even smaller by the fact that you would have to increase the price, when it's already out-performed by others in its segment....would you?

Point well taken. But in the small segment of buyers that are going to spend that amount of money anyway, what's a couple of extra C-notes for a bit more headroom, cooling, bling? Just a thought is all; luxury markets thrive on perceived and actual value and this seems to be a luxury item to me.

WE are paying a couple of extra 'C notes' they will likely be paying MILLIONS for R&D. With its pricepoint, I cant imagine a full ROI like you would with other cards selling, again guessing here, exponentially more units, making a full ROI possible and quicker. I just dont think there is a big enough market for this card, but again, I have no idea... its just making an educated guess knowing the market.

Point well taken. But in the small segment of buyers that are going to spend that amount of money anyway, what's a couple of extra C-notes for a bit more headroom, cooling, bling? Just a thought is all; luxury markets thrive on perceived and actual value and this seems to be a luxury item to me.

It would make more sense if Titan was at the price it should be ($800 for a reference card IMHO). Then they could give it higher clocks and toss a better cooler on it for $1,000. Maybe that'll end up happening after it's been out for a while, who knows.

It's not a bad thought though and I could be wrong of course. :)

800, even 700 could already be an high enough price for the titan. The card is more than 2x the price of a 680 but is not more than 2x the performance of a 680.

A cheaper price point would get it in more consumer hands and Nvidia knows that, but I think this card was meant to be "exclusive" and Nvidia wanted to show their muscle flexing power.
I think the Titan is meant to be more of a "gun show" than a money maker...

Last edited:
I am pretty sure 670s SLI beats it handily for 700ish now, However the RAM is the best part of it...6gb...nice.

But 6gb is complete overkill in virtually any real world situation minus maybe the 0.0001% that run some sort of 6-screen HD thing or have a compute reason to use that much vram.

In newer title + 3 display setup with very high graphic detail you end up using well over 2gb on the 680-70 and you can top out the 3gb from the 7970/50 to. 6gb is just futurproofing it IMO. I run surround for more than 3 years now and let me tell you that a better memory bus/amount is something i need.

Mostly, but there are some situations where over 3GB is used with 1080p...See funsoul's thread. Imagine that at 2560x1440 x3? or 2560x1600 x3? Its not frequent for sure, but its not as rare as most would think. ;)

Back