• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED 7950 OPINIONS (No Nividia Fanboys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

REX_FX6100

Registered
Hello
I posted yesterday with a question and got a little help but still have questions unanswered. I'm about to replace my 6770's (2 in crossfire) for a 7950. My questions is what is a good choice as far as overall performance, cooling, overclock overhead, and anything else relevant. My research brought me to the HIS ICEq Boost version 7950....and I found it on newegg for $299, now it's out of stock. My second choice was ASUS' Version that's $339. I love ASUS and use alot of their hardware. HIS, I've never delt with and honestly thought they were some rink a dink company until I read otherwise. So My question what in your opinions are the best 7950's available. Price is not really an issue as long as its under 350. I think I may be overlooking other companies that might be worth my time. Let me know what you think please. Even if you dont use a 7950 but do use a smaller companies card XFX, for instance, and want to let me know they are a good gpu manufacturer. Thanks!

Both card you listed are good. HIS offer a better EE design VS the reference cooler. Asus offer a much better PCB with more power phase but its a 3 slot cooler so you need to be sure its going to fit your case/board/setup. AND, if you want CFX later on, its going to be 6slot total for both cards.

IMO : Asus win all the way, but require much more space. His IceQ with the better EE cooler is my second best, or the best is you need a good EE card.

Which 7950 would you buy you say? I say whats it for, is it games or work related!!! Putting that to one side my own choice would be between the 2 cards. Why from what i have heard seen and read about them. But again its your choice overall and you know what they will be used for. AJ. :)

1, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006

Card no 1 Free Shipping and Free games as well, as for the card itself clock for clock great! ;) :thup:

2, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150588

As for card no 2 same as above, but only slightly slower on one of the clocks, but still a great card. As for cooling with Dual fans on both no problems so far if i was pushed into making a choice it would be card no 1. ;) :thup:

If I was making the purchase I would go with the HIS Ice Q first, then the Sapphire, then the Gigabyte then the Asus. Nothing against the Asus other than they are space hogs. Aside from that they are fine cards. Just my personal picks. Good luck :thup:

I really like Gigabyte's Windforce cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125414
Ideally it'll come back in stock :D

Realistically it doesn't matter that much. If you have room for Asus's triple slot monster thing, it's excellent.
THIS. There isnt really a 'best' so to speak. I like the HIS coolers, I like the Giga windforce coolers, and I love the Asus Direct CU II coolers as well. Pick one that fits in your rig, looks like you want it to, and is cheapest is my opinion.

Back