• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 7990 Custom super cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
don't get frustrated... peltiers are a type of cooling i didn't really look into till I started frequenting this forum.

But the math behind them is unavoidable. They're excellent if you have a system to remove the heat energy efficiently. otherwise,they're sorta junk. A huge custom waterloop could manage it. I was reading recently about someones cool geothermic watercooling loop. freakin' awesome as far as I could tell. Something like that, if you buried enough copper pipe in the ground could probably easily dissipate the heat from a number of peltiers. Of course, something like that would already be cooling your loop pretty effectively... to far bellow ambient, and you wouldn't need a peltier anyway.

The math just doesn't work well with them, and they introduce all sorts of complications.

Back