• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1250 characters? rofl
Quit whining, most of my reviews (which I generally, but not always, get to keep) are >3000 WORDS.
You fellas have no clue how good you have it with that program.
I'd sign up for that in a bloody heartbeat. A 1250 character review, testing and inspection and all, is maybe an hour.
Hell the writing would took me a solid ten minutes.

It all depends what you're testing and how you're doing it, a recent item I looked at probably took circa 20 hours, that's what happens when you do multiple mirror backups to a 4TB disk from a 4TB array that is damn near full. In contrast a 32GB USB flash drive took about 40 minutes on 3 different OSes. The character limit is a joke I normally have to be quite vicious in my editing to stick to the 3000 char limits in the review boxes.

Wow. That agreement thing is new...

They finally offered me a product to review again, but it's another router -__- Oh well... It's taking quite a while to get it though. I've only got the initial email about accepting it and I emailed them back.

Just registered after searching for any info to say I am also part of the review program.
After about a month and a half of no new product review opportunity emails (d-link cloud camera was the last thing) I also got the new agreement contract.

I already sent them an email asking if the products which need to be sent back will be known before we agree to review them. I hope they put it in the email when they ask to review the item.

Just registered after searching for any info to say I am also part of the review program.
After about a month and a half of no new product review opportunity emails (d-link cloud camera was the last thing) I also got the new agreement contract.

I already sent them an email asking if the products which need to be sent back will be known before we agree to review them. I hope they put it in the email when they ask to review the item.

Tell us what they say. If there going to let us know it has to be retuned a head of time I will stay in the program.

Thus far the stuff they've asked me to review has been low end, less than $100. Even then with a little testing and writing it involves a few hours. Hasn't been worth the effort even if I can keep it. Guess I'm getting old and cranky!

Haven't noticed any reviews of high-end gear by Eggxperts but then I've not done a detailed search either.

Welcome Joe88! :welcome:

I still have not received a new agreement contract. :shrug:

Just got a reply and they said they will make it very clear if you have to return an item before you agree to review it. Guess I will fill out the new contract then.

Just got a reply and they said they will make it very clear if you have to return an item before you agree to review it. Guess I will fill out the new contract then.

Me to and I change my mind if they have something I want to test and return, I will do it.

Thanks for posting.:)

I got one of these e-mails the other day and I'm not sure what made them think I would be good for this. :shrug:

The e-mail was VERY vague! Write a review like what? A multi-page write up like I've seen on various sites with graphs and such or a review in the product link? How much substance does it need? Also, what happens to the product after the review? Do we get to keep it? Moreover, what if they send a product to review that I am not able to review, like an intel processor (I have an AMD system)?

I just deleted the e-mail.

I got one of these e-mails the other day and I'm not sure what made them think I would be good for this. :shrug:

The e-mail was VERY vague! Write a review like what? A multi-page write up like I've seen on various sites with graphs and such or a review in the product link? How much substance does it need? Also, what happens to the product after the review? Do we get to keep it? Moreover, what if they send a product to review that I am not able to review, like an intel processor (I have an AMD system)?

I just deleted the e-mail.
They want a review that the common man can understand, not a review with all those charts ect... that most people dont know what they even mean. But they also want it well written and neat and not just a huge unorganized run on sentence mess. The review should appeal to both the advanced users and the computer illiterate users.

If it says in the review invitation that you must return the item after a review then you must return it within 1 month of receiving it. But most likely you will get to keep it.

If you get a invitation for a product that you dont have the hardware to review then all you have to do is send a replay email saying you wish to decline it, thats it and no harm done for declining it (or you can accept it and order a new mobo if you were planning on upgrading anyway :D ).

You should have just sent an email saying you do not wish to participate in the review program rather than just deleting it.

they will always tell you there sending something thereby giving you the option to accept or decline. They know not everybody has the ability to review everything.

I've been a reviewer but just got a new email asking to become a reviewer. These folks don't appear to have their act together yet. But it doesn't cost me anything so no real problem.

I've been a reviewer but just got a new email asking to become a reviewer. These folks don't appear to have their act together yet. But it doesn't cost me anything so no real problem.

They don't... neither do I. lol

It's good for them to get people with real reviewing experience, and as for myself and others, I feel like it's a good opportunity to learn more about reviewing. :)

its a new agreement for the program everyone who was before has to sign a agreement contract kind of thing lol

got 2 offers today both mine to keep after testing and reviewing. First up a TP Link Dual Band router and a D-Link Cloud Camera. Now I wish I'd kept the Cloud Router lol

Hey there folks, I found my way here searching on the program as well. I haven't read this entire thread but the last few pages.

I noticed someone mentioned a google spreadsheet of all the items? I’m a huge google spreadsheets nerd so I took the liberty of making one at least for myself, but will go ahead and share with everyone so others can fill it in too. I’m making it globally readable and commentable only. If you’re in the program, make a comment on the spreadsheet and I’ll add write permissions for you.
Here it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkRYmN9UUMx4dHJJV3RORktHSElMZGhQakpLYkwxeUE&usp=sharing

For those that are curious, here’s a quick rundown of my experience in getting signed up:
-Got email on July 19, 2013 with an invite to the program (completely randomly, I've never asked to be signed up). I replied within a couple of hours that I was interested.
-Got email on July 23, 2013 with an agreement to sign (including CC info for any unreturned items). Returned agreement the next day.
-Got two invites for items today, July 25, 2013. One was a cheap network switch and another a cheap USB wifi adapter.

Back