• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If NewEgg thinks these eggxpert reviews are that much better than general customer feedback, then they should add an "eggxpert reviews" tab beside the feedback tab to completely separate them. So they won't get buried...

Last edited:
Holy hell, you get a free drive for that short of a review?!
I gotta get in on this :D

I don't think you could do a review that short if you tried :rofl:

I've been working on shortening mine! I set a new PSU review low word count record! It was just less than 3k!

I guess I have some more work to do on that.

Holy hell, you get a free drive for that short of a review?!
I gotta get in on this :D

lol

I'm going to keep my review as short as possible. Not too short, just to the main points that should be covered in a good review.

Heh... wow. That is insane. This really is just a free hardware bonanza. :clap:

Judging by the fact that they're sending out so many products to review, I guess they're going for the infinite monkey theorem; Give enough monkeys a hard drive and a keyboard and eventually they will write a good review... ? :screwy:

Judging by the fact that they're sending out so many products to review, I guess they're going for the infinite monkey theorem; Give enough monkeys a hard drive and a keyboard and eventually they will write a good review... ? :screwy:

As someone who places a decent weight on reviews, in that case I hope they then have someone reviewing the reviews. I mean, if they saturate the site with "eggxpert" reviews and 80% of them are only marginally better than the 1 or 2 line reviews from people like me, I'm going to treat them the same way as reviews from people like me - a write up by someone who may or may not know how to properly test a product.

(And don't worry, I'm not saying you're one of the 80% :D )

Just got a "shipping notice" of the drive I'm going to be reviewing... no tracking info. In other words they've sent it, but when and how it will come is a mystery until I'm surprised by it's arrival!

"We are very serious about Eggxpert reviews and we think you are too."

They apparently never saw this review I made (weird issue at the end of the pros and all...) :

I donno, that'd be a review that would get you hired by me.
Humor, solid writing, content (no screws), what more can a guy ask for in a reviewer?

I got an invitation as well, can you tell me how you responded the to email? im not sure if it is real or not :/

Wait... with all due respect, you cant respond to their email but are entrusted to write reviews?

I'm at a loss for words here, newegg.. Really.

Please respond via email to [email protected] indicating your interest in joining the new EggXpert Review Program. Your product reviews may help other Newegg customers make better purchasing decisions.

Sincerely,

Newegg.com

That was at the bottom of the invitation.

It had a long email i didnt want to blow up the thread with it

Please refrain from putting posts in other topics that have no relevance to your post. People will get to it, I assure you.

I'm sort of at a loss here too, what are you asking? If there is an eggxpert review program? Yes, there is.

Back