• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Finally received another assignment. It's a D-Link Shareport mobile companion. I accepted it because on paper it seems like a unique device that could prove useful. It has multiple functions, the most useful of which is the ability to stream media to multiple devices on the go. It also acts as a portable wireless router (or repeater), which honestly I don't see much use for unless you are traveling and need to share a non-free wi-fi connection with multiple devices. It does have the ability to charge a smartphone, which would be useful if the included battery wasn't a measly 1700 mAh (my Galaxy Note 3's battery has nearly double the capacity, lol). Sadly it doesn't feature any on-board memory whatsoever, so you have to use a separate USB flash drive to share files or stream media to other devices. Newegg was kind enough to include a Kingston 8GB USB 2.0 flash drive with it, which I'm guessing is because they wanted to ensure that I would be able to test the device thoroughly. Technically it doesn't come with any removable storage, so Newegg deserves some points for shipping me a flash drive with the unit.

Anyway, I just received it yesterday so I'm gonna test it thoroughly over the next couple days. I question the practicality of this device, so hopefully it will at least perform admirably without any bugs. We shall see...

Last edited:
Got a decent challenge to review this time, made me buy a board and CPU but what the heck, was time for an upgrade from Z97 anyways

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=CMK16GX4M4A2400C14R-_-20-233-720-_-Product

:shock:

I'm going to quote what you said, because what I was going to say isn't child-friendly.

This is my new item:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816038

Another Corsair Gaming item, this time a gaming mouse. Not much different than what I currently have it doesn't look like, except mine was a lot cheaper. :D

Irony is I am due for a WiFi router upgrade and I used to get a lot last year, now I get nothing...cant complain as I got a few high end mobos (X99, Z97) and HDD's lately

Irony is I am due for a WiFi router upgrade and I used to get a lot last year, now I get nothing...cant complain as I got a few high end mobos (X99, Z97) and HDD's lately

I know what you mean, I've actually been waiting for a WiFi router for a while and haven't gotten one yet. :rolleyes:

We don't really get what we want/need though. Just what they have to send us. Beggars can't be choosers, as they say... and we probably shouldn't be begging either. Just being thankful for what we get.

Lol I'm in the complete opposite boat. I've been getting 802.11ac routers left and right. I would love to get more motherboards, hard drives, and gaming mice... That said, I'm an enthusiast so I enjoy testing just about any type of hardware. It's just tough when you see other people getting all the assignments you're craving, lol.

They're sending a Corsair Sabre RGB CH-9000090-NA Black mouse for review. Never done a mouse before.

got a Corsair MM200 CH-9000079-WW Standard Edition Gaming Mouse Mat coming in tomorrow. How hard can it be to review a mouse mat lol. But having a X-Trac Pads Ripper XL it'll have big shoes to fill

They're sending a Corsair Sabre RGB CH-9000090-NA Black mouse for review. Never done a mouse before.

It's pretty sweet. My only complaint is the left click is a bit touchy... I accidentally click all the time. I was streaming last night and had a guy laughing at me when I accidentally shot the dog Cheyenne in the rump during the beginning minutes of Fallout: New Vegas.

got a Corsair MM200 CH-9000079-WW Standard Edition Gaming Mouse Mat coming in tomorrow. How hard can it be to review a mouse mat lol. But having a X-Trac Pads Ripper XL it'll have big shoes to fill

Pros: It's flat and supports most mice.

Cons: My mouse is unsupported. I tried downloading the latest mouse-pad firmware but it still will not recognize my mouse.

If you want. :D Might confuse some less-informed people.

It would be amusing to see if the Corsair rep replied and apologized for the issue and gave you a means to contact them. :rofl:

Please take off points for the lack of a tilt-wheel. Not excusable these days for mice over $50 to not have a tilt-wheel for side-scrolling.

I haven't even gotten around to writing my mouse review and just got another invite for an ASRock X99 Extreme 4. I... I can't afford to review it. ._.

I wish they would categorize the reviewers, I just spend money on a CPU and board to do the DDR4 review and now they sent me a mouse mat to review. Would prefer more challenging stuff, not complaining just wish they'd be more consistent.

I am getting a little worried. I submitted my review a while back but it still hasn't posted. Either they're very backed up with accepting their reviews, it got lost somehow, or for some reason wasn't approved. Usually reviews appear within a few days, but it's been over a week. =/

I am getting a little worried. I submitted my review a while back but it still hasn't posted. Either they're very backed up with accepting their reviews, it got lost somehow, or for some reason wasn't approved. Usually reviews appear within a few days, but it's been over a week. =/

I'd contact them snd ask about it. or just repost it.

Back