• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Router is not going so well, signal strength is good but bandwidth sucks. I would get 22 MB/s on my el cheapo Rosewill AC750, this AC1200 doesn't get over 4 MB/s. Been messing around with channels etc but that's the best I've seen out of it.

wow would be nice to get a monitor to review. My last item was one I had already done so I declined with the anxiously awaiting another offer lol. then they sent me one right away which was an X99 gigabyte UD3 board which I had previously declined as I'm not in position to buy a cpu nor ddr4 for it. But I'm as before anxiously awaiting another offer. lol

Router is not going so well, signal strength is good but bandwidth sucks. I would get 22 MB/s on my el cheapo Rosewill AC750, this AC1200 doesn't get over 4 MB/s. Been messing around with channels etc but that's the best I've seen out of it.

I hear ya. I've had a love/hate relationship with the EA9200 they sent me. The wifi drops randomly even in the same room and the UI is just a joke for a $300 router. The Linksys name just doesn't really mean what it used to ever since it's been sold off.

OpenWRT semi-officially supports that in Chaos Calmer snapshots. Bet it'll improve drastically :)

OpenWRT semi-officially supports that in Chaos Calmer snapshots. Bet it'll improve drastically :)

Yep, flashed Chaos Calmer and immediately went to 45 MB/s at a 3 foot distance, previously getting 9 MB/s. and from my lounge getting 41 MB/s. Wasted 2 days effing around with Linksys firmware.

At the end of November last year, I got a email to review this: 8TB NAS. I was pretty excited! I've been wanting one and couldn't afford it. My address is 6908 1/2. UPS delivered it to 6908 on December 4th. :eh?: Not only did they deliver it to the wrong address, they didn't bother to put it on the porch. They left it on the side walk along with other packages for the home owner, all Christmas gifts, and everything was stolen. :mad: UPS has only recently been able to find my address, so I haven't reviewed anything since November. USPS can find my address, but NewEgg doesn't have that as an option. I've got a 240GB SSD on the way to review. Crossing fingers!

At the end of November last year, I got a email to review this: 8TB NAS. I was pretty excited! I've been wanting one and couldn't afford it. My address is 6908 1/2. UPS delivered it to 6908 on December 4th. :eh?: Not only did they deliver it to the wrong address, they didn't bother to put it on the porch. They left it on the side walk along with other packages for the home owner, all Christmas gifts, and everything was stolen. :mad: UPS has only recently been able to find my address, so I haven't reviewed anything since November. USPS can find my address, but NewEgg doesn't have that as an option. I've got a 240GB SSD on the way to review. Crossing fingers!

Man that really stinks! People can be such a-holes...

Here's to hoping it arrives safe and sound! :salute:

I go the smart watch today, and wouldn't you know it, it's DOA... guess I'll email Newegg first?

I go the smart watch today, and wouldn't you know it, it's DOA... guess I'll email Newegg first?

Mine was DOA too. Well, it worked for about 20 minutes and died. I went straight to the mfr but their newegg rep wasn't in. He's supposed to call me back today. We'll see how that goes.

Hmm nothing for the last 3 weeks, pity as I've been pretty much twiddling my thumbs with not much to do.

Newegg emailed me back saying they still had some review samples of the watch and they would send me a replacement.

Back