• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is kinda off-topic and I'm sorry, but I was just signing up for UPS MyChoice and it won't let me use my phone for a verification code, so I had to go with the "security questions" route. It's asking me very specific questions, like what year my PONTIAC FIREBIRD is, what month was *MOTHER'S NAME* born, etc.

HOW DOES IT KNOW THESE THINGS!?!?!

Just like how the Raptr Gaming Evolved app knew I had played Words With Friends on Facebook, even though I never linked my Facebook account.

:chair:

It know's these things through public record.

got my AIO today will be a couple days before I can pimp it but looks somewhat underwhelming thus far but along the lines of any normal asetek AIO I've seen before

I finally received an email for a new assignment, but sadly it was for an $8 USB Wi-Fi adapter that I have no interest in reviewing whatsoever... Now it'll be another month or two before I get another assignment, if I'm lucky. Frustrating...

they did the same to me a few months ago with a low end switch that was only worth $10, I accepted that one though since I could actually use it

anyone think they would ever send something crazy like dslr's to review?
one could dream...

As far as I know, none of the DSLR manufacturers are even participating in the EggXpert program. The most expensive item I was ever offered to review was a WD 4TB storage array with Thunderbolt connectivity. It retailed for $700 at the time. I didn't accept it because I had no way of testing it as Thunderbolt was the only connection supported. It was actually designed for Mac's, but later on some PC MOBO's were launched with Thunderbolt connectors built in.

Well, I just got notice that another person found one of my reviews helpful. That puts me up to 3.

So I'm going through and writing up more reviews of stuff I've bought.

Anybody have any idea what helpfulness number you need to be considered for the program?

I don't know that it's a hard number, I think they look for coherent, entertaining and informative reviews. TBH my reviews before I got the program were pretty short but always to the point. My 'other thoughts' almost always pertained to a running joke I had about fruits and vegetables, maybe someone else found them funny.

just posted my review of the DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240 CPU Liquid Cooler AIO Water Cooling and even though my prior statement of it looking underwhelming still hold water, my testing showed me big things do come in small packages lol. Dropped my temps an additional 5c over the DEEPCOOL Neptwin Dual tower dual 120mm fan review I had last. I even let prime run an additional hour past my normal 30min run and the temps still stayed at 43c package temp is what I used for monitoring. Needless to say its staying put for now lol until I get the rest of the parts for my custom loop since it is a backup/testing rig I'm in no real hurry

Wish they'd send me an AC router, haven't had an invite for a few weeks, probably winding down for christmas.

I'm anxiously waiting for another invite. Sadly they trickle in so slow these days. I miss the old days when I first signed on because I was getting a lot more assignments and the products were varied. I thought after that last Z97 MOBO things might start to pick back up, but it's just gotten worse if anything.

Back