• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got a set of these on the way http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820101045
While I myself dont have a need for them I can give them to a friend and test them out.
They seem way overpriced though...

They have slower timings than an otherwise comparable set by G.Skill that is about $53.00 USD. I remember seeing these at a show press page awhile back and they look fantastic, but I have a hard time justifying triple the cost just for subjectively better cosmetics. Maybe it's low production so they have to jack up the price?

EDIT: Reading some more and besides the visual design elements, their other main marketing point is strict QA testing.

all gone quiet with the review program, I suspect they are too busy with Black Friday etc. Certainly the newegg site is almost unreachable today. I did manage to snag a 480GB Sandisk II SSD for $109, took me about 10 minutes to get a working checkout. Haven't been able to get anywhere close to anything else though.

And of course as soon as I post that I get an invitation. Unfortunately had to decline it as it was for a cable modem/router, I had enough trouble with TWC the last time I changed the modem without tempting fate again.

I got the invite for the bullet cam but I don't have any PoE gear so I had to decline. Getting a PSU instead tomorrow or Saturday.

I didn't realize the camera didn't come with an adapter but it does have the option. Luckily, after I got it and found out that there was no adapter, I had one that would work in my drawer-o-things.

I didn't realize the camera didn't come with an adapter but it does have the option. Luckily, after I got it and found out that there was no adapter, I had one that would work in my drawer-o-things.

Yeah, unfortunately my current switch (procurve 2848) doesn't do PoE :-/

I was super tempted to get something smaller that does support it but I'm holding strong and throwing my change in the 10Gbe upgrade jar. I have a few boxes-o-things in my closet-o-****. Finding stuff is impossible unless you want some Ribbon IDE cables!

I got another invite, this time for a Gigabyte motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128839&Tpk=13-128-839

My problem is, it's the holidays, my business partner contacted me to ask me to pay an equipment lease the day before it was due, which I agreed to, but he failed to tell me he hadn't made the last two payments (presumably because he just bought his daughter a Mustang) and I had to pay them plus late payment fees, so all that has my cash soaked up at the moment. I could buy a CPU and RAM on credit but then I'd have no use for the motherboard afterward. Well, I could use it, but I don't need it. So, I think I'm going to decline it this time. If I hadn't had to pay that overdue lease I'd be all over it...

However, DDR4 has dropped A LOT in price... and I could get a Pentium or an i3 and still do the review, technically... but I want the quad cores and the overclocks...

EDIT: I have decided to accept it as it won't likely get to me until right before/right after Christmas anyway, where I can judge how much money I can spend on a CPU a little better (and try to get that i5 6600k :D)

Last edited:
I got my 6600K in the mail today, still waiting on the heatsink to arrive (apparently Amazon free shipping beats Newegg free shipping. :D)

So, I hope they don't expect this review too soon.

Back