• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bye the way the extended Corsair mouse mat is ridiculously big, over 3 feet...:screwy:my gaming table is barely long enough to fit it, I will stick with my Razor metal mouse mat and store the Corsair one, maybe cut it up in three

Lol, that's too big!

I did have my review saved but I decided to contact them first. Didn't take them long to respond, and they said it has been flagged as disapproved for some reason and they didn't know why.

So, now it's posted.

Just make sure all your reviews make it after you post them.

Just been offered a Netgear C3000 N300 WiFi Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem Router. I had to decline it, my cable provider doesn't support it and I had enough trouble with them when i replaced their modem with my own about a year ago. Checking out the reviews it already has I'd say it's a steaming pile of ordure anyway, more than 15% of the amazon reviews are 2 star or less.

I don't think I've ever been offered a modem before. Lol

I may have just gotten the mother of all review items:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178621&Tpk=22-178-621

A 30TB NAS server... Holy crap, for lack of a better non-profane word.

I have a 3TB NAS drive from a couple years ago that has maybe 300 GB on it, I can't think of any reason I would EVER need 30TB.

Bring it on. :D

I'm gonna need a good gigabit switch... Like one of those oh so many I've declined in the past. :chair:

To the classifieds!

EDIT: Sorry, I put up a broken link. Should be fixed now. Also, I checked the classifieds and there's only one switch which is more than extreme overkill. So, TO NEWEGG!

Last edited:
Dear EggXpert,

We have received this product from a vendor for EggXpert review. Please reply no later than 3-5-2015 if you would like to take this assignment. Please decline this invitation if the product does not match your expertise or your computing environment. Let us know If you have been offered this item previously. We have more products coming in for EggXpert review.

Vendor: Seagate STDF30000100 30TB NAS Pro 6-Bay Network Storage
Model: STDF30000100
Newegg SKU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178621&Tpk=22-178-621
Launched/Pre-Launch: Launched

If this is your first assignment, or you have moved since your last assignment, please provide the following with your response to facilitate order processing.

Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:

Sincerely,
Newegg.com

That's the email (basically just their standard assignment email), doesn't say anything about returning it. If I find out I'll be sure and tell it here, but even if it is, so long as they cover the return shipping and I don't have to pay to ship that big thing back to CA... :rofl:

Now the only question that remains... what the heck am I going to do with 30TB?

I would move my collection of ISOs and MDFs from every game or movie or CD I've ever had on disc onto it instead of the dozen-or-so TB collection of random drives I have laying around with various eSATA and USB adapters, but not I guess everybody has backed up every disc they've had :p Might also use it to install my whole Steam library (344 items and counting :)) at once...

If I installed every game I owned, moved over all my ISOs, pictures, movies/videos, music, and any other file I have ever created since I first touched a computer, I'd be lucky to surpass 1.5TB...

Needless to say, I don't have a very significant collection of anything. Except maybe failures...

WOW! I thought the 4TB Seagate NAS they sent me was large...30 freaking TB's?! I haven't posted in a bit but they last sent me a D-Link smart plug, the NAS, and now a newer Linksys router. It should hopefully be here today so I can get into it and start testing.

Yeah, when I read the email and saw 30TB, I had to do a double take. Then, when I clicked the link and saw the price, my jaw hit the floor.

Back