Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35
    Okay well that makes me feel a little better then. Thanks for the quick responses. I guess I need to step it up on my reviews or something. I actually emailed Newegg aroiund 6 months ago to ask them why the volume of hardware has slowed down for me. I told them if my reviews weren't up to snuff, I want to know because I'll make some changes to my review style. I'm under the impression that they want things short and concise, hence the 3000 character limit. So that's the style I use.

Anyway, they responded by saying that they are more than happy with my reviews and want me to keep contributing great content. They said that they cycle through all their EggXpert reviewers and don't penalize anyone unless they fail to submit a review for any product they have been sent. So perhaps my luck has just been a little off... Hopefully things pick up soon. I'm still happy to get a product every month or so, but I am available to do much more.

Folding Profile
    I'm awaiting notification that Newegg are adding the Bugatti Veyron to their product line... news will be arriving via porcine aviators.
    Main Server and Video Compressor:
    AMD Phenom II 1050T 3.4GHz on a MSI 760GM-P35,
    On board Radeon 3000 (essentially run remotely from a laptop)
    16 GB (4x4GB) DDR3 G-Skill F3-12800 @ 667 Mhz,
    500GB Seagate ST3500630AS, 1 TB WD Green Windows 7 Ultimate

Media Server:
    Intel Q6600 @ 3 GHz with Zerotherm BTF90 on a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R,
    nVidia 7300 (output to a 60" Samsung Plasma)
    4Gb DDR2 @ 800 MHz,
    4 x 4 TB Seagate external Tank, 1x SAMSUNG 830 SSD 64GB, 1 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint Windows 7 Ultimate
    Win TV PVR 500 Hauppauge and Firefly rf remote

Heatware Profile
    Keep dreaming.
    ......BULLDOZER-|-NOTBULLDOZER
    .FX-4100 CPU i5-4670K
    ASUS Sabretooth 990FX MOBO ASRock Z97 Extreme 6..
    CM Hyper 212+ COOLER CM Hyper 212+
    ...ASUS HD 6850 GPU XFX HD 7850 DD
    .PNY Optima 1333MHz RAM ADATA XPG 1866MHz
    .................Antec 300 CASE Corsair Graphite 600T
    120GB Samsung 830 SSD 120GB Samsung 830
    500GB Seagate SSHD SSHD...............................
    500GB Seagate Barracuda HDD 3TB Seagate NAS............
    .GS600 PSU HX850i

Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by balroger View Post
    I'm awaiting notification that Newegg are adding the Bugatti Veyron to their product line... news will be arriving via porcine aviators.
    a shame its been discontinued, so they will only be able to sell used ones.
    My house rig
    GF's house rig
    -Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
    -Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650
    Phenom II x4 975BE (temp.)
    -4x 2GB G.Skill Dual Channel DDR2-1000
    2x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1866
    -Sapphire Dual-x 280x
    Asus Matrix Platinum 280x
    -Corsair 750w
    Corsair RM850
    -Coolermaster 932 HAF
    Corsair Obsidian 750D
    BTC:1DYCKAHoqLikeWCvdifkd24pPwhZRNG4Th

Heatware Profile
    A few months ago, they sent me an invite for a router I've already done. I replied I'd already done it, and was offered an H97 board which I accepted. Board appeared to be DOA, ASRock would not warrant it. Luckily I have it now running, a month after my [scathing] review went public. NewEgg was surprised that ASRock would do nothing for me despite me telling them that I was an EggXpert reviewer.

After that, I got a Corsair MM200 standard, have been happy with it. Replaced my Steelseries QCK.

Earlier this month, I got another "holy cow":
    Code:
    Dear EggXpert,   

ASUS will be launching a new smartphone this month.  It will have an Android operating system.  More details about this product will be made available to those that will be receiving this item.  Please reply no later than 4-9-2015 if you would like to take this assignment.  Please decline this invitation if the product does not match your expertise. 

NOTICE: We are seeking Eggxperts that have experience with unlocked phones, android devices, smartphones, and Asus products.  To accept this item your phone carrier must allow the use of SIM cards on an unlocked phone.  This phone has not yet been launched, so there are timing requirements that need to be met.  By responding to this email with an acceptance, you will have a smartphone reserved for you to review.  The item must be reviewed speedily.  You must submit your review on or shortly after April 28th, 2015.  You will not be able to submit your review prior to April 28th.  Newegg has a non-disclosure agreement with ASUS to prevent prelaunch reviews.  Please do not attempt to post your review prior to the date specified.  We will be sending out a reminder email when the phones are shipped.

You will receive a confirmation email if you have been accepted to receive the phone.  Due to our large volume of Eggxperts we will not be able to email those that will not be receiving the item.
    I replied immediately, saying I have AT&T and a micro SIM and can use the unlocked phone. They sent a supplemental question, which I answered. Then I received:
    Code:
    We are glad to hear that you will be able to review this item.  We will be sending you the ASUS Zenfone.  Another email will be sent to you when the phone is mailed out. 
    The itemís SKU will be provided on April 28th for you to post your review.  Just make sure to mention in your review that you did not use the feature of having 2 carriers.
    Sweet! (Right?) https://www.asus.com/Phones/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/

Unfortunately - not yet.
    Code:
    Dear Eggxpert,

ASUS has postponed the launch of their new phone, and has also postponed the Eggxpert review process.  The previous date of April 28th is no longer the date that reviews should be submitted on or after.  We will email you when we send out the phone sample.  The email will provide further details concerning the review timing.  Thank you for your patience.  We appreciate your part in the Eggxpert Program and look forward to your review.

Sincerely,
    Eggxpert Review
    Can't wait to get the phone....should be a worthy replacement to my Note II.
    Sucks that it's been delayed with no US launch ETA that I've found yet.

Was wondering if anyone here had received this invite, but (looking over recent posts) I guess no. (Was hoping maybe someone had, and had received updated info on it.)
    4790k w/ 212 evo :: z97x-sli :: r9 270 2gb cfx :: 2x8gb ddr3 1600
    128gb m4 :: 2tb seagate :: 1tb f3 :: 4tb sshd
    m12ii 850w :: s340 :: 7 pro x64 :: s27c750

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    just received an offer to review a Radeon SSD
    Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
    Intel 4930K
    4x8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz
    2x 240GB Kingston HyperX 3K's in Raid 0
    Asus Strix GTX980's in SLI
    Custom water Cooled