• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
and that wasn't very good, nice camera but not suitable for stated purpose to be honest.

Nice little SSD on its way

Silicon Power Slim S55

I've never tried their SSDs, their flash drives are pretty good.

I haven't posted in a while, but I have had 3 offerings since I last posted. The first was another one of those "leftovers" emails, and I never received what I offered to review, or any notification back whatsoever for that matter (again), the second was this range extender: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1A0-0017-00018

And the third was today, which is a Silicon Power flash drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0BD-0095-00053

I'll probably be declining the flash drive, though I'd normally accept something like this. I've been sick lately and I'm planning on going out of town for a little while and won't really have the time to do a review on something for a while.

I'd have to decline that one, I haven't migrated to LGA 2011 yet and I don't want to fork out for a new cpu and memory right now.

So, I just read this whole topic. Pretty generous program. The record to beat is $2,500? Holy crap that NAS...

That means the only reason you lucky bstards havent been getting GTX 1080s and AMD Pro Duos and i7s is because the AIB partners haven't signed up and Intel is being their usual stingy selves.

Inb4 someone gets an i7 6950x ES to review lol

No need for processors or indeed video cards to be reviewed in a program like this as they pretty much sell themselves. I certainly haven't seen either in this program. The closest is numerous mobos.

I haven't been getting my reviews done fast enough, because of some personal issues I've been going through. I'm trying to catch up now though, because Newegg is back to sending me two assignments at a time. I just got a Seagate Slim 1TB USB 3.0 drive along with a TP-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi extender. The assignments were both given to me within a few weeks time. The hard drive came first then before I even had a review up they sent me the assignment for the Wi-Fi extender. This has been the case for the last 8 items I've received. I just haven't been getting the reviews up fast enough. I just posted my review for the hard drive after a month's time. I still need to review the extender but I'm hoping to get a new assignment soon anyway. Haven't gotten anything REALLY nice in a while. Mostly hard drives and networking gear.

Question though. Has ANYONE ever gotten a GPU? I'm curious if ANY vendor is supplying GPU's into the program. I've never received one. I've gotten motherboards, but no GPU's. I know CPU's will never be offered, as Intel only sends out review samples to special certified reviewers. But there are so many GPU vendors. I just wonder if AMD and Nvidia would still prevent them from submitting them to the EggXpert review program. I've never heard of anyone getting a GPU yet either, but I could have missed it in this thread as I haven't read the whole thing and have been away a while.

- - - Updated - - -

The best thing I've gotten over the last couple years was the Officejet Pro printer. I love it so much. It's one of the more expensive items I received as well. I get SO many external hard drives, routers, and Wi-Fi extenders. It's nice when I get the really nice wireless routers, but I'm tired of getting low-end routers. I have reviewed so many.

Now I did get a GSKILL RIPSJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical keyboard. Now it is really nice. It's a premium gaming keyboard with fully configurable RGB lighting for each individual key. Has a very premium black brushed aluminum design as well. Would love more of that kind of stuff to review as well.

Went through a phase of Corsair everything, headphones, mouse, 4 different PSU models IIRC, a couple of SSDs but I have never seen or heard of a GPU or CPU being offered for review.

My review of the gigabyte board was late I emailed explaining the massive water leak I had reassembling my main and the understood I also eluded I was ready for another assignment the sent me a list of item I selected a corsair H115i. Then this afternoon I got an invite for this
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16822178951
As well so I guess I'm dual reviewing again ��

I 'effing hate you! :mad:

Back