• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hate to say this, but I don't remember when i received the last invite I got. It was for a wireless TP-LINK indoor security camera, but I declined it because I have absolutely no experience with cameras. It was either November or really early December...I haven't heard a peep since. :(

I hate to say this, but I don't remember when i received the last invite I got. It was for a wireless TP-LINK indoor security camera, but I declined it because I have absolutely no experience with cameras. It was either November or really early December...I haven't heard a peep since. :(
Same for me, I got the camera offer in early December (though I accepted and reviewed it) and haven't heard anything since. I bet between holidays and CES, they have been busy and are probably just going a bit slower than usual because of that. I always look forward to getting things to review and mess around with.

I'm putting a new build together and knowing my luck something I buy will be my next item!

My Mobo isn't DOA, I guess the HDMI port on it is though, and I was having an issue with one of the memory sticks, but reseating it worked.

The bad HDMI port isn't enough to worry about though. I'm going to be using a video card anyway.

Tell me when your done and have the Z170 UD5 review posted.

I just posted my review. It's a decent board but I see they already have a Rev 1.0 that's actually a little cheaper with more ports on the rear I/O panel, but doesn't look like much else is different.

Thanks I will take a look at your review.:)EDIT I looked, how slow is the mouse lag? Also what else did you not like about the bios?, Can you use the keyboard easily in the bios?

Last edited:
Thanks I will take a look at your review.:)EDIT I looked, how slow is the mouse lag? Also what else did you not like about the bios?, Can you use the keyboard easily in the bios?

Keyboard is easy to use, mouse is impractical and even mildly annoying to use.

When at Uni our flat adjoined another such that one living room looked on the other. We discovered that when the windows were open we could change the channel on the other flat's TV using the remote from our TV. Many hours of fun ensued.

Keyboard is easy to use, mouse is impractical and even mildly annoying to use.

Yeah, the mouse is a bit clunky in the Rev. 1.0 board as well, although I updated the UEFI and haven't tried since. I'll double check when I get home tonight.

Edit - also what RAM did you use? The only real problem with mine is that there's a second DIMM voltage setting tucked in the voltage submenu. When switching to the XMP profile it didn't want to change that second setting to 1.35v on it's own, so I was getting everything from errors in memtest to no-POST boots and "OC settings have been reset" messages. Figure that's probably why there are several 1/2 egg reviews for the 1.0 complaining of memory issues.

Last edited:
I'd be more likely to plug my brother-in-law's TV into that and make him think it's on the fritz than use it for any meaningful thing.

Yeah. Those things run on 802.11, not low power Zigbee or Z-Wave, so it ends up wasting more energy than you could possibly save by using it. Why should I have to use my phone to turn on and off a lamp or something when I can flick the damn switch in a hundredth of the time?

No more invites...got the last one beginning Dec?:confused:

I'm guessing they are facing end of year sales/inventory and engaging with vendors on what products to promote this upcoming year.
Every company I have worked for has faced this monthlong (or longer) sluggishness after a new year while they get things sorted.

I'm guessing they are facing end of year sales/inventory and engaging with vendors on what products to promote this upcoming year.
Every company I have worked for has faced this monthlong (or longer) sluggishness after a new year while they get things sorted.

That makes complete sense. Most products are being phased out for the new lines. That's why they say, looks for deals in Jan, after the holidays. It makes complete sense as I could see why they aren't handing out hardware for reviews during that time period.

Back