• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED V8 vs Hyper 212 Evo vs TPC 812

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a shame cause your board is really nice, but they just don't play nicely with Ivy chips.
You can either keep it as a backup and get a z77 board now, wait for Haswell to ditch that setup for an 1150 z87 rig or live with a puny oc.

Well I noticed i can bump up BCLK to 105 with no issues whatsoever. But Ive noticed that something is actually bumping the multi down under load. When Idling it will clock using 42, but as soon as i start a p95 session it throttles back to 40x. What could be causing this?

This should almost be in another section now -.-

but on a cooling note... I went ahead and picked up an H55 for really REALLY cheap just to play with it. I can return it if Im not happy with its performance. I had some extra 120s lying around so i replaced its stock fan and set it up in push/pull. I havent seen temps over 65c, idle at 28

Yeah, you're gonna get decent temps with it...you need another board mate, those older boards can be a pain to work with Ivy.
It's hard to reccomend that being so close to Haswell release though (june)

Well I just got my 3570 around New Years so upgrading again isn't happening anytime soon anyways, although I did know the P67 was a little bit dated when I picked it up, could not pass it up for $40 though lol.

I had already considered a new board though and keeping the P67 for my wife since she's still using an E8400 -.- what would be a decent upgrade for not a lot of cash right now?

You could have gotten a mobo bundle at Microcenter sadly...50usd z77 board plus cheap 3570k. But well, it's not like 4ghz Ivy is lacking in the horsepower department though :D
It should work ok for you, even stock is plenty.
I'd give your wife that board, and get a second 3570k at Microcenter with the discounted mobo. Or buy a cheap G530 or G620 chip for her. Those are AWESOME for the money, for all around cheap rigs. I played Metro 2033 on a G620 using a 670 and it was quite good.

EDIT: I'd reccomend a z77x-d3h for a really cheap board.

don't you have one nearby?
The absolute best deal is cpu+mobo with discount. Ssd pricing is good too...
You can get the discount even if buying a 3770k if you cry a bit and wink the cashier guy and maybe talk to the manager.

I live in tulsa. We dont have a Micro Center nor a Frys Electronics nor a CompUSA within 6 hours of us. Its pathetic. I have to special order everything or buy it off of craigslist :bang head:bang head

I live in tulsa. We dont have a Micro Center nor a Frys Electronics nor a CompUSA within 6 hours of us. Its pathetic. I have to special order everything or buy it off of craigslist :bang head:bang head

I bet you can have an ocf buddy send you microcenter stuffs...just have to ask the right guy. I live in Argentina, so you're screwed with me :D :/

Rug, good luck man. Ive pretty much learned with overclocking, try and get the best cooler you can regardless of price. The Phanteks and NoctuaNH14 are great air coolers and man Ive been there with the Microcenter/Fry's prices. Thank god Im from Houston and we have 2 Fry's and a Microcenter...... IF I was in your shoes I might try to stick with air cooling because your wont be able to push that chip as hard as ya want.

Back