• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 2450M temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psittac

I got a laptop for school and gaming a little while back and couldn't afford one with dedicated graphics. I got a Lenovo G570 and have recently opened up realtemp GT to find my laptop is hitting 90c

That's shockingly high to me and so I stopped gaming on it until I could get a chillpad. I haven't gamed on it yet but a 10 minute stress in prime95 gave me a temp of 89c without the pad and 84c with the pad. I'm hoping that gaming won't push it as hard for as long a time as prime95 so maybe the peak temps will be intermittent.

What ever the case whats a safe temp for a sandybridge in a laptop?

yeah the TjMax is 100c......... i'm not up to date, back when I was really into clocking I don't think TjMax existed or if it did I didn't know about it, we just kinda had to guess. Personaly I don't like pushing a cpu to the temp that intel or AMD lists (that was around) so i'm not sure how much to really trust that number, any insight?

Well since we know the published TjMax of 100C, and figuring a Distance to TjMax of no less than 15-20C (Tjunction / core temp's of no greater than 80-85C), you're already pushing the limit and beyond at 84-89C. And the GT version of RealTemp you're using is for the 6 core Sandy Bridge E CPUs, so just use the regular version for the 2450M.

Well since we know the published TjMax of 100C, and figuring a Distance to TjMax of no less than 15-20C (Tjunction / core temp's of no greater than 80-85C), you're already pushing the limit and beyond at 84-89C. And the GT version of RealTemp you're using is for the 6 core Sandy Bridge E CPUs, so just use the regular version for the 2450M.

oh thanks, good to know

Back