• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PURE ZAP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi ,

See my sys stats.....and then tell me how much instant zap performance would I gain by installing a Q9550 cpu?

Currently as you may see E6500 2.3ghz.

My board will take the upgrade if my current performace would boost by say 50% in terms of page load time ect? The 9550 can be got now for 100 sterling or better.

Let me know,

Berne:screwy:

Attachments

• helper.GIF
    helper.GIF
    95.3 KB · Views: 83
A quad would be a nice upgrade, but a newer platform quad would be even better.
Do some thinking and maybe saving and try to get a cheap fx6300 based system or an i5 3570k one, pair that with your gpu of choice and voila.
I didn't quite get what you mean though...page loading time? What's the purpose of this rig of yours?

Hi,

What I seek is a v.quick loading system for WinXP...not just boot time but all around browsing experience ie web pages load lighting fast ect...no lag lag lag slow loading pages etc.

Thats why I seek a new or used CPU upgrade that will do just that for me. Ive no intention of changing my motherboard ect.

Keep in mind the 100.00 tag ...thats sterling. Ive no real need to boost to your recomendation ....I dont play games ect.....just browse the web and tune into the odd radio station.

Many thanks for the reply,

Berne:)

Ok, perfect then. I think that would work nicely specially if you pair it with an SSD drive to install Windows on. Any smallish one would do MUCH better than a regular hard disk drive.
I reccomend either Intel or Crucial drives.

Hi,

Many thanks for the replies. Thinking.

Berne

UPDATE:

Just got a Samsung 120GB SSD, its the best upgrade move , try it you wont regret it for a second.

Berne

Last edited:
Back