• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: March Madness 3D Mark(Firestrike)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

Marathon: March Madness 3D Mark(Firestrike)
The benching team invites you to participate. Come over to the Overclocktagon section and compete.
You can learn some tips and tweaks, plus see how your scores compare.
No pressure, just overclocking, tweaking and fun!

This month the Marathon Benching Competition will be continuing with 3D Mark. Please refer to the MBC rules here for any clarification on what is and isn't allowed.

What: 3D Mark Firestrike portion of the bench
Who: any forum member
GPU: any GPU, SLI and CFX allowed
CPU: any CPU, no speed cap
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends March 31st 11:59 PST
Please use the background below.
Download the 3D Mark benchmark: Here
Full Competition Rules: here

Please post a summary of your results like this "Division(single core or multi core)|Name|GPU|Cooling|Time" along with the other required information... ie... Screen Shot with correct background. Divisions will be single GPU core and multi GPU core.

Background: as chosen by Bossnova for guessing last months die shot correct
marchbackground.jpg

Leaderboard:
Division|Name|GPU|Cooling|Score
Single|Bobnova|GTX580|Stock|5037
Single|Seebs|HD5670|Stock|1259
Single|dejo|gtx460|stock|2860
Single|Dark_n_Beyond|GTX 680 Classified|Water|7804
Single|Robert17|460GTX|stock|2573
Single|Mandrake|Radeon 5850|Air|4246
Single|Whiskey11|EVGA 660Ti Superclocked|Stock (Reference)|4687
Single|Janus67|7970 Lightning (1100/1400)|Air (Accelero)|7988
Single|Luis_GT|GTX 670|Stock|7142
Single|JICCMAN1965|MSI 7970 (1220/1720)|STOCK|10052
Single|White Runner|Gigabyte 7970|Stock|9064
Multi|MetalRacer|GTX Titan's|Stock|16449
Single|Earthdog|HIS 7970 (1280/1812)|Stock|9596
Multi|Earthdog|GTX 690|Stock|9972
Multi|Moho|7850 Twin Frozr III|Stock|9020
Multi|theELVISCERATOR|670sli|???|10025
Single|TheHutchTTU|7950|Stock|7415
Single|LoganG|7870|Stock(AIR)|5495
Single|ChanceCoats123|7970 Lightning|Stock|9667
Multi|Techjesse|GTX 670|AIR|11563
Multi|Khan|EAH5770|H20|2549
Single|trailertrash13|GTX 680 sc|H2O|6266
Single|xsuperbgx|hd5870|water|4415

Last edited:
Pretty sure PhysX is vantage-only. Since then it's been OpenCL or some other multi-platform thing.

Pretty sure PhysX is vantage-only. Since then it's been OpenCL or some other multi-platform thing.
it is in their rules so it stands, whether or not it makes a difference? I don't know. but unlike some folks over there the rules here are rules and will be enforced.
Do we have to run it with Tessellation enabled?
Tweak it all the way so as long as it is within rules (not altering the bench itself..ETC) then it is allowed. basically anything that is common practice is allowed :thup:

Not sure how much disabling tesselation does... perhaps I botched it up, but when I ran it with a 7970 on release, it didnt do squat to disable it...? SOunds counterintuitive I know...

Has anyone else tried disabling tessellation on AMD cards on this bench?

Sat out making a big purcahse for the final round of the 2D benches, figuring I'd need to throw as much as I can at the 3D round. Definitely was right seeing there is a crossfired 7970 in the race already.....

This is going to be an expensive month :p

Nice Bob! I was hoping someone would post a stock score so I have a baseline to go off of without digging through hwbot...

oh and I just double clicked on the wmem.jpg icon... true story.

RULE UPDATE

After discussion with the benching team leadership, the new divisions for this comp will be single GPU core systems and multi GPU core systems.

Single cards will multiple GPU cores on one PCB will be in the multicore division (GTX 690 and 7990...etc). 2-way, 3-way and 4-way SLI and CFX will all be in the same division.

New format is:
Division(single or multi)|Name|GPU|Cooling|Score

Last edited:
I know you can't enter both AMD and Intel as far as cpu; I'd assume the same would be for Single Card/GPU & Xfire/SLI/MultiGPU?

Back