• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I remove "Write Protect" on USB drive.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BE AWARE - the SiliconPower low-level formatter only works with those Dell USB sticks that have a multi-colored label on the back. If your Dell Mentor Media USB stick has a solid blue label, DO NOT use the SiliconPower solution as it will give an error -2 and brick your stick. Does anyone have a solution for the blue-labeled USB sticks? Also, anyone know of how to rescue the bricked USB sticks?

Sorry to bump an old thread but I just used this on one with the Blue sticker that we just got and it seems to have worked fine. I can pop in the disk and it shows up as a blank USB drive.
Says P/N KR2H9_A00

Download Silicone Power Formatter Version 3.7.0.0 2225 I formated 18 of them with no issues. The ones with the light blue or just blue backs. It did not work on the multicolored one that I tried but I had tried something else on it that turned it into 2 4gig partitions and the power formatter just did the same thing but I have not tried it on a new multicolered because I didn't have anymore of those but the blue ones 8 gigs no problem
SNAP!!!!! Good luck!

Silicon Power Formatter bricked 4 of those 8GB Dell flash drives. The ones with the light blue label on the back. P/N KR2H9_A00. The chips on mine were PHISON PH2251-07 if I read it correctly (very small text). I also tried the PHison ST-TOOL v3.67, it did nothing.

mine read PA5080L-MD8U on the side 2-45-150318-19734 on the light blue sticker and used version 3.7.0.0 there are several options to download where I got mine

Back