• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 7600 GT - help with vmod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's not even chinese for me (spend 4 years learning mandarin at a buddhist temple lmao)
hmmm
I can post a pic of the one I got...

EDIT: hmmm seems mine has no lead, though it has a 40% marking in the packaging. It has rosin too...seems to be 1mm thick, or 0.044" diameter.

Last edited:
lol ok...Then my expression makes sense, except probably for a hefty percentage of the world population. xD
Boss: flux free, 40% lead, 0.5mm rosin core solder then?

The rosin is flux. Other than that, yeah.
40% lead or so, accept no substitutes, rosin flux core. Thin.

Yeah, don't eat it.

It's pretty much the worlds best solder though, the RoHS stuff is horrible to work with.

It liiiiiiiiiiiives! :p

Just "repaired" it...I'll start with the vmods some other day.
I'm getting some horrid blue lines fixed on screen and 640x480 res only, 4bit...Guess it's a driver thing, what do you think boss?

Well, can't get the thing to display colors correctly, even in 2d mode when displaying the bios. Lots of blue lines and 4 bit depth. :/
Guess it's beyond repair, or at least the recap didn't fix it completely. Maybe a little baking is in order? I have a heat gun, can I use that and if so how?

Back