• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tim aplication

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Geeze brian. CPU or GPU?

It's in the stickies or many many Google/ youtubes.

I use a small dot of MX-4, larger than a grain of rice, smaller than a pea.

Do I really need to post pics? By your post count you should b a pro by now.

And there in is the problem... everyone has a different way. That said, I would apply the TIM you have per the manufacturers instructions on their website.

I agree with ED, but...

Having tried all the possible ways, I found out that as soon that you put the "right" amount, the pea, or cross, or the vertical, or horizintal line, etc... will have a max impact of 1/2°C...

I always use a little less that a pea sized ball and let the heatsinks pressure spread it for me.

And there in is the problem... everyone has a different way. That said, I would apply the TIM you have per the manufacturers instructions on their website.

Having tried all the possible ways, I found out that as soon that you put the "right" amount, the pea, or cross, or the vertical, or horizintal line, etc... will have a max impact of 1/2°C...

+1 to both of these. The most important thing is that you get the right amount on there and that it's pretty evenly spread. The method by which you accomplish this doesn't matter much as long as you do it correctly.

I've always used arctic silver 5. I like to put a small dot in the center and let the heatsink spread it out.
There are numerous youtube videos that demonstrate the other methods. As long as you apply it properly, the method probably doesn't make much difference.

Back