• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics card for £50 ($75)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Opusbuild

Hi all,

I have been out of the game for a few months and need some input from the Overclockers community. I a very casual gaming, but recently started using programmes like photoshop and gimp a lot more. I have recently started to really feel the limitations of the HD4000 graphics whilst playing Planetside 2 from Steam. Even on low res, the onboard graphics really struggles. I really think it is time for a GPU. I can not justify spending more than £50 (roughly $75) on a graphics card at the moment. The best option I could find for the money was an ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5. I appreciate this is not going to provide fantastic performance, however, can anyone recommend this card or suggest something better for the bugdet?

Thanks.

Save your money and get something that will last you a while. save up for maybe a 660TI or a 670. and you'll be set for a while until you rebuild in a few years. get my drift?

Wow thats a big price difference, way over bugdet for me at the moment. Thanks anyway DarrenP

In UK, you could have a look over here, there are some 5750, 5770 , 7750, 7770 cards a bit above your budget. Think you should find some of the 7xxx series. There are also some 6xxx series that fits your budget, and just might suffice for your needs. (6670?)

http://www.pcupgrade.co.uk/category.asp?categoryid=116&Sort=6

EDIT: for £50, anything will be like night and day compared to integrated intel HD4000.

Last edited:
I know it's way over budget guy, but honestly save, intel HD is fine for a while whil you save up for a decent card, like a 100 pound(don't have the key on my keyboard) card would be better than any 50 pound card...

oh also your comparison was off :p 50 pounds is closer to 110 USD/CAN

I know it's way over budget guy, but honestly save, intel HD is fine for a while whil you save up for a decent card, like a 100 pound(don't have the key on my keyboard) card would be better than any 50 pound card...

oh also your comparison was off :p 50 pounds is closer to 110 USD/CAN

Nope, he is spot on :thup:

Attachments

• dollar.JPG
    dollar.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 64

Fair point my fellow "guy" :)
In UK, you could have a look over here, there are some 5750, 5770 , 7750, 7770 cards a bit above your budget. Think you should find some of the 7xxx series. There are also some 6xxx series that fits your budget, and just might suffice for your needs. (6670?)

http://www.pcupgrade.co.uk/category....yid=116&Sort=6

EDIT: for £50, anything will be like night and day compared to integrated intel HD4000.

Thanks for you suggestions These options seem very feasible for me

Thanks everyone :grouphug:

You know what? If that is your price range, find a used 5850 or higher on ebay. I sold my 6850 last summer for about 90 bucks on there, I've got to imagine you can find an even better deal now. You could get a pretty decent card if you go used.

Otherwise save your money for later.

Back