• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Techie714

Registered
Hello folks, i know this forum probably gets a bunch of these per day but I've always had great success from the community here. I'm looking for a new laptop to purchase and the specs I'm requesting are below. I dont think I'm asking for too much...lol. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Primarily looking for something in the super light/ultra thin arena
Intel Core i3/i5
6GB RAM
13"-15" LCD decent resolution (No touch!)
HDD/SSD Size (Dont care)
Web cam
Back lit KB (HUGE Bonus!)
HDMI Port (Must!)
Decent battery life
Do not exceed $600.00

Glossy or matte screen? Dunno if that will help people narrow down options, but its an important factor for me... I've always worked on matte screens, though the glossy ones do seem nice for movies. Seems like the reflections would drive me crazy though.

*subscribed to see suggestions*

There are a lot of laptops available in the market with a lot of features. It's not easy to decide that which is better. however, Here are some suggestion about best laptops.
Alienware M17xR4.
Alienware M18x.
Dell XPS 15 (Summer 2012).
Eurocom Scorpius.
Maingear Pulse 11.
MSI GT70 0NC-011US.
MSI GT70 0NE-276US.
Origin EON17-S.
Razer Blade (2012).
Samsung Series 7 Gamer
I hope above mention list help you to choose one best.

I prefer a matte screen myself but could "deal" with glossy. WOW, their are a TON of options in my price range..lol. This might make it more difficult. Thank you for the suggestions so far I'll be looking into all your posts!

PS: No Dell, I find them to be cheaply built...

I guess a more important question is what BRAND of laptop do you prefer & why?

Last edited:
Both look very similar in performance to me.. But one has discrete graphics (nVidia 620) and 2 extra GB of RAM. I guess its up to you if you think the nvidia GPU / bonus RAM is worth the extra couple hundred bucks!

Back