• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I5 2500k or 3570k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sebrodma

Registered
Hi! Well, that's the question... :D

i5 2500k or i5 3570k for my new rig? There's a minimun difference about price, but I don't know which one is better for recording sometimes (play the bass guitar) and gaming most of the time :shrug: (I don't want to OC, I prefer the stock clocks)... I play Skyrim, Two Worlds 1&2, and some other RPG Open World games... Also, I'm going to buy a HD7870 or HD7970 (If I can save the money), 8gb DDR3 1600, Corsair HX850 and 1 120gb SSD... I have the case (Thermaltake Commander MS-I :salute:), DVD Writer and 1TB Samsung 7200rpm for documents...

As I told you, NO OC (I don't know how to do it, so I don't want to do it)...

Thanks for your help!!! :thup:

If you don't want to overclock, then save $20 and don't get a "K" processor. If you are only not wanting to overclock because you don't know how, we know how, and have experts and posts that instruct you, FYI.

SO that out of the way, no need at all for a 850W PSU for a single card. A quality 500W PSU will be PLENTY.

To directly answer the question, 3570(non K). its faster by a few % clock for clock over the 2500K.

Thanks EarthDog!!! The Intel Core i5‑3570K is $219.99 (newegg) and the Intel Core i5‑3570 $214.99 (newegg)... So, for just $5 I can get the "K" and you/somebody else at Overclockers can show me how to OC!!!

For the PSU, I prefer the Corsair HX series because of the modular system, so I can get the HX650...

Thanks for your help!!!

Even though I love my overclocked i5 2500k at 4.5GHz you'd best grab the i5 3570K. It's a little faster than an i5 2500K. Maybe 5% to 10% which is big in CPU terms. Especially if the price is right. You can use the i5 3570K on a Z68 mobo if you have one with just a BIOS update.:drool:

If you are only not wanting to overclock because you don't know how, we know how, and have experts and posts that instruct you, FYI.

To directly answer the question, 3570(non K). its faster by a few % clock for clock over the 2500K.

^^This^^

People pick the 2500k because it runs cooler so you can overclock it more, safely.

but at stock, the ivy is better.

Back