• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CUDA stress testing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clutch_Head

hey gang

i finally broke down and ordered parts for a new system which includes a GTX 670 FTW.

i'm going to get back into crunching SETI for our team. i also don't want to corrupt results.
being stable in 3DMark won't guarantee SETI work stability IMO.

looking into it i found GPU-Burn (Linux) which looks promising for testing CUDA cores as well as 90% graphics RAM.
would be great if we could run this from a "live" cd/thumb drive. *nudge *nudge

found a test similar to Memtest for GPU Memory called MemtestG80. how well it is at finding CUDA core problems i dunno.
[edit] another Memtest for graphics RAM CUDA GPU memtest which runs in CUDA and OpenCL (ATI/AMD) which includes "additional stress tests". [/edit]

would there be a way to run SETI work with known results, so we could MD5 them to compare what work we've done?
while preventing the upload of results to berkeley of course. how different is one WU to the next anyway?

let me know what you folks think. :salute:

Last edited:
thanks. GPU-Burn looks pretty thorough. unfortunately i don't have plans to run Linux.
i may dual boot with FreeBSD/Win7 eventually, but for now just Win7 x64.
i'm looking into creating a Live Linux CD/Thumb drive with GPU-Burn on it.

if anyone can try GPU-Burn and CUDA GPU memtest, or better yet create a Live image, i would REALLY appreciate it!

back to researching Live CD's and spamming F5 on ups.com :D

Last edited:
looking at lunatics optimized clients i found Test and Benchmark Tools.
is my understanding correct that CUDA testing is limited to AstroPulse?
CUDA cores rip through WU's, would this be a good test? if so how would one go about setting it up?

i tried registering at lunatics forum, but registration is disabled. :-/

Back