• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My love of Newegg has officially come to an end.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have seen things change with requirements for posting on websites. I have seen some rather illegitimate practices. One that Newegg used to do was represent the price AFTER discounting the rebates. This has since changed and they clearly mark it on their site. The thing is, WHY did they change? Were they forced too? Was it because people like me complained? I think of complainers as the ying to the yang of perfectly satisfied customers. The reason for satisfaction is because they attempt to appease the complainers. Complaints are often justified because no one really complains for absolutely no reason. Sure some reasons are trivial, but they are still reasons.

I appreciate everyone's input, and before I "X" out Newegg completely I will make the disclaimer, "I will no longer purchase third party from Newegg until they improve their system." Amazon has it down to a science, Ebay has got it down to a science, lets hope that Newegg can do the same.

I have seen things change with requirements for posting on websites. I have seen some rather illegitimate practices. One that Newegg used to do was represent the price AFTER discounting the rebates. This has since changed and they clearly mark it on their site. The thing is, WHY did they change? Were they forced too? Was it because people like me complained? I think of complainers as the ying to the yang of perfectly satisfied customers. The reason for satisfaction is because they attempt to appease the complainers. Complaints are often justified because no one really complains for absolutely no reason. Sure some reasons are trivial, but they are still reasons.

I appreciate everyone's input, and before I "X" out Newegg completely I will make the disclaimer, "I will no longer purchase third party from Newegg until they improve their system." Amazon has it down to a science, Ebay has got it down to a science, lets hope that Newegg can do the same.

I agree.Competitive honest prices keep people coming back.Until New Egg gets there sh*t together,Im content using Amazon :p As far as 3rd party vendors,that's another issue,and a direct reflection on New Egg.Its better, on a customer service standpoint, to clean up problems,and keep customers happy!

Last edited:
Online convenience has come to an end.

In Vermont and New Hampshire, you would be wrong!

Stores here, in Vermont and New Hampshire usually don't have squat for motherboards and processors! :mad:

I'm usually forced to buy online for motherboards and processors.

I'm also lucky to find RAM in a brick-and-motar store.

But, in August, 2004, I got my T'bred 2400+ KIXJB at the Lebanon, NH BestBuy! :D

I use tiger direct because last time I got a MOBO from them it arrive open missing the socket protector with bent pins... Guess what? They said I did it though I filmed the opening... I do thy and take photos incase something like this happens...

They said I did it though I filmed the opening...

Luckily, 3B Tech didn't do that with my broken Maximus II Gene socket pin fiasco of January, 2013.

That was an outright bad time! I was preparing to falsely get accused of breaking a pin. I was about to give up when a working board came on February 11, 2013.

Never heard of 3B tech... Sounds like they care for customers where can I find them?

Never heard of 3B tech... Sounds like they care for customers where can I find them?

It's at 3btech.net. I can't guarantee you won't have zero problems there, because sometimes, there's second hand boards with bad caps!

Looked like someone got a second hand board from there and had to replace caps on them.

Like WinCycle, (The Windsor, Vt computer recycling place that also sells second hand stuff) there's occasionally someone that fails to be aware of visibly bad parts!

At WinCycle, you must be on the lookout for broken SMD components on cards!

Last edited:
Well at least ill wont pay for anew board and receive a used one. I'll be paying fur a used board and get a used board...

I'll be paying fur a used board and get a used board...

I did that in January, 2013, because I couldn't find a good 775 board at NewEgg or TigerDirect.

And I wanted to upgrade to P45.

I got my Asus Maximus II Gene for $100. Most places I saw wanted more, even used.

Yeah.. Great pull... What chip are you going to OC? You don't get a board like that without OC plans. ;)

In Vermont and New Hampshire, you would be wrong!

Stores here, in Vermont and New Hampshire usually don't have squat for motherboards and processors! :mad:

I'm usually forced to buy online for motherboards and processors.

I'm also lucky to find RAM in a brick-and-motar store.

But, in August, 2004, I got my T'bred 2400+ KIXJB at the Lebanon, NH BestBuy! :D

I'm with you. The only store here that I can get any kind of parts from is Staples, and they want about a hundred bucks for a 10 year old graphic card that can easily be beaten by a $20 from the Egg. They don't have any sort of selection, very little in the way of RAM, PSUs, and case fans, and absolutely nothing else other than what I just mentioned. I have to do all my shopping online as there's no other way.

I'm in the same boot as Aldakoopa and shop for just about everything on-line. Local selection is limited or requires driving for 30-45 minutes for places like Wallie-world etc.

I found Newegg a decade+ ago and pretty much used only them for computer parts till recent years. I hate to admit the $s I've spent over the years but it is a sign of my overclocking addiction. I've seen few companies that have grown like Newegg that seem able to retain their original level of service and pricing.

Over the years I have had a few problems with the Egg but on the whole they have been better than average. And there have been a few times when their policies make no sense with customer service seeming unable to get by those polices even when they are stupid. Big companies seem to need a one-size-fits-all process to keep their employees in line.

Now days I shop around for the best buy (price plus shipping) from reputable sellers and that includes several sources. Newegg is just one of those.

Idk I still think newegg is good. If, for example, I need a set of ram that uses a certain amount of voltage at a certain speed/latency etc newegg makes it easy to search through everything with superior filters and find what I want. It's similar with everything really. Amazon labels motherboard by their part numbers instead of letting you search by what people call them like rampage extreme or whatever. Newegg is just better in every way. I order, it gets there the next day. Ok sure it may be a couple bucks more but I get peace of mind and one day shipping. They always handle any issue I have at light speed and they always make an exception by waiving fees etc. The price difference is usually close enough that it's worth the benefits. As far as third party purchases I would probably just use amazon even if they're way slower since price is what matters for stuff like that and I can get super saver shipping since it was probably going to take forever anyhow. Both places have their uses.

Back