• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QRB / Passkey question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

Howdy folks,

I've been out of the F@H game for quite a while, so forgive me if this is a silly question. First for some context of what I'm running:

I'm running client 7.3.6.

Machine 1:

3770k folding comfortably at 4.5GHz (won't push this any further until I watercool it)

GTX650 ti at stock clocks

Both running in the same client.

Machine 2:

2p quad core 5430 Xeons @ 2.66GHz
Geforce 9500 GT @ stock clocks

Machine 3:

Core i5 something or other at 3.2GHz (dual core 4 threads)
GTX 640 @ stock clocks

Machine 4:
Dell Studio XPS 1645 laptop - mobile version of the core2quad

So my question is, obviously since I have some machines that are faster than others, do I use the same Passkey for everything or will my slower machines take away from the quick return bonus or even disqualify me from it?

I've noticed from the F@H client control screen on my 4.5 GHz i7 machine that right now it is showing my base credit as 3874 points for this WU, and the estimated credit is also 3874. I also haven't seen any large points in my stats, just lots of WU's at less than 5000 points each. Does this mean I'm not getting QRB?

Thanks!

So my question is, obviously since I have some machines that are faster than others, do I use the same Passkey for everything or will my slower machines take away from the quick return bonus or even disqualify me from it?

As long as all rigs are meeting the preferred deadline by using the same combination of Username and passkey you are good to go. :thup:

I've noticed from the F@H client control screen on my 4.5 GHz i7 machine that right now it is showing my base credit as 3874 points for this WU, and the estimated credit is also 3874. I also haven't seen any large points in my stats, just lots of WU's at less than 5000 points each. Does this mean I'm not getting QRB?

I'm not on the new client yet. :shrug: Does HFM show the same point value ??

Thanks!

I've been out of the F@H game for quite a while, so forgive me if this is a silly question.
:welcome: back
No. As far as I know it doesn't matter how fast your clients are as long as you complete the WUs within the deadline. Using multiple machines with the same passkey will help you to qualify for the bonus even faster.
1 Machine = 10 WUs per machine until bonus
10 Machines = 1 WU per machine until bonus
I've noticed from the F@H client control screen on my 4.5 GHz i7 machine that right now it is showing my base credit as 3874 points for this WU, and the estimated credit is also 3874.
My guess would be that is the GPU Slot, right? GPUs are not eligble for bonus points.
I checked your stats but you also increased your WUs by a lot so I cant really see a bump in points. Are you sure you already Finished 10 CPU WUs within the deadline (at least 8 of them)?
When a WU is finished, check the log, it says there how many points you received for that.

Also know that in order to stay eligible for QRB, you must:

Maintain a successful return rate of >=80% for QRB WUs, i.e. out of every 10 QRB WUs assigned, you must return at least 8 of them.

Weird! I'm getting huge QRB out of my GTX 650 Ti. No quick return bonus points for the 4.5GHz 3770k though. Nor for the dual Xeon rig. :(

Weird! I'm getting huge QRB out of my GTX 650 Ti.
The points for the GPU are very high compared to the CPU points. So that confuses you maybe? Is the Est. Credit different from the base credit now? On your CPU slots?

Back