• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Support for 8 slot 3930k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldnt do 2400mhz. There is no guarantee the imc can run it.

Honestly 1600mhz is fine. There are negligible increases at best but it costs a lot more.

whole interior of pc is going to be blue. But with red mobo. I'll just get black ones, so the ones I linked are a fair speed, because apparently the ones listed as 1600mhz are actually 1333mhz, the same model.

So is this the case for the 2133mhz?

See post #25, your best choice. if you want to go with 1600mhz then your stuck with that ram. I would get 2133mhz and be happy :)

As I showed "Real World" and what if the OP want to OC? Then he will have the tools to do so :)

Consider my case - I have myriad X79/C206 workstations at work. I'm actually upgrading four of them from 32GB of RAM to 64GB because it can cut some of our mechanical analyses time by many, many hours. Enough to justify the (cheap) upgrades manifold.

OP, what are you doing with all of that RAM? If it's just for the sake of getting 32GB, stick with 16, save the load on the IMC, and buy it in a faster speed. If you're going to be doing *really* big number crunching and it'll save you the time and money (for a home workstation, for instance), don't think twice about 32GB. RAM is so cheap as to be practically free, especially when business enters the picture.

Consider my case - I have myriad X79/C206 workstations at work. I'm actually upgrading four of them from 32GB of RAM to 64GB because it can cut some of our mechanical analyses time by many, many hours. Enough to justify the (cheap) upgrades manifold.

OP, what are you doing with all of that RAM? If it's just for the sake of getting 32GB, stick with 16, save the load on the IMC, and buy it in a faster speed. If you're going to be doing *really* big number crunching and it'll save you the time and money (for a home workstation, for instance), don't think twice about 32GB. RAM is so cheap as to be practically free, especially when business enters the picture.

I'll be overclocking RAM paired with an ASUS ROG board, x79 chipset and a i7-3930k.

I'll be using this system for gaming & a little benching.

Cheers. What would be the best option for me?

Only problem I see is that apparently RipJaws RAM dies really easily??

Back