• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Support for 8 slot 3930k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know that, but ill be doing competitive overclocking and benchmarkinv, as well as the fact I'm doing a course In software engineering & modelling, so I need the power, trust me.

All the WR's and Cups I've won while Benching my i7 3930K has been on water using an AIO (All in One) the TT 2.0 Extreme Liquid CPU cooler :) She hit 5.2GHz and I have yet to put her under DICE. Yeah!

LOL, Boulard83 you play Crysis 3? you bench for World Records? Are you trying to discourage him? Who knows he might be the next KingPin. Hey Liam, Go for it, and be come one of the top world benchers. Take a look see http://hwbot.org/user/techjesse/

It's not about trying to discourage anyone. It's about trying to be realistic with someone who is obviously new and needs some guidance other than "yes buy everything you can and Omgz you'll rulz the world of overclocking". Sorry but a 3930k and 2100 ram isn't going to get it done. Please don't encourage people like that. Competitive benching is an expensive but fun hobby. It takes a lot of patience and learning. Perhaps one could encourage him to learn a little about benching, ram speeds and their effects, etc and not just "buyz it allz"

To the op, again I suggest you start a build thread prior to building this machine outlining your needs and what you would be using this machine for.

GoD_tattoo, Your twisting the advice that I gave about the Ram, it doesn't include "buyz it allz" also I know he's just starting out but you have to have a starting point. You guys sound like you lost your Enthusiasm, hey are we not Computer Enthusiast, I am. I love it all of it. Building rigs with excellent components, Benchmarking, Gaming, Coding and Programing, I love it all :) And your statement "Please don't encourage people like that" it's my style and while you may not agree others do. I say "Have at it Guy and have a BLAST while learning something NEW! WE WILL HELP!
Sure not every body will be a Champion but who knows will be the next to climb up through the ranks?

Yes I do, half my build is in front of me, I'm working this out now so I can present my parents with a final, final price. I'm looking at FrozenCPU, seeing if they will get in two 4gb 680's and professionally fit the waterblocks. and send to me

:facepalm:
:bs:
Here is a list of whats in my build (just the stuff that really draws on power.

CPU – Intel Core i7 3770K

CPU Cooler – Corsair Hydro Series H100i CPU Cooler

Mobo – ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard

RAM – Corsair Ram 1600mhz vengeance

Storage – WD Red 2TB, x2 Samsung SSD (120GB)

Video Card(s) – Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 4GB

Optical Drive – LG Optical Drive

Sound Card – Creative 7.1

Last edited:
Back