• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

error 1304.Writing to file (BOINC install Win7)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clutch_Head

[solved] error 1304.Writing to file (BOINC install Win7)

hey guys
i had the beta installed with lunatics, but i uninstalled lunatics then the beta.
now i'm trying to install boinc_7.0.28_windows_x86_64.exe to C:/BOINC/ and i get a write errors.
"verify you have access to that directory" etc. :bang head
run as admin didn't help.

also does 7.0.28 support astropulse_nvidia_100?
lunatics only had the AP6_win_x86_SSE2_OpenCL_NV_r1761 version which hammers the CPU.

thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I installed 7.0.28 on a fresh Win7 machine 30 days ago, but I do not remember encountering any difficulties, but my install is in C:/Program Files/BOINC perhaps you are trying to write to locked windows directories?

it must be a service i disabled or something. i tried c:/Program Files/BOINC
and i'm still getting the error.

while i get it sorted, do you know if astropulse for cuda (not opencl) is included?

thanks

i think my last install got corrupted by one too many BSOD while testing my ram.
*note i wasn't running SETI at the time :thup:

ok i made a custom Windows 7 ISO with RT Se7en lite. gutted IE, Media Player, Email, and many other apps.
also disabled a bunch of unneeded services. clean install with BOINC 7.0.28 x64 / lunatics ver 0.40 x64 running 2 instances on the CUDA cores.

this 670 FTW is a beast! ramped up the fan curve to keep it at 60°C vs 75°C.
also noticed berkeley's servers seem to be pretty solid with keeping my card fed. :attn:

good to be back up and crunching! :salute:

Back