• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone fabricating custom GPU Backplates?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyChotik

I'd love for someone to make me a backplate for my new Radeon HD 7970 with the XSPC Razer (New Style) waterblock on it. Reference PCB.

It's almost impossible to find a backplate in stock anywhere, and I hate the blue PCB on my graphics card.

:comp:

EDIT: Found a website TripTCC, he makes backplates, mounts to use a H80/H100 on a video card, and other cool stuff.

I think I'll order one of his.

Last edited:
looks like a small time player but if it's legit it'll be worth it. looks like you can get custom plates made. that would be pretty sweet. let us know if you order and actually get something besides less money.

I ordered a H80/H100 bracket for my 7870 from TripT over @ OCN.

Pros: Decent enough bracket.

Cons:
No email updates on when the item was shipped. Took almost a month to arrive from GA :rolleyes:
Shipped first class mail for 5 bux? :rolleyes:
Poor quality Control (could've sanded/filed down large burs)
Item arrived bent (Poor packing. Just stuffed in little padded envelope. Could've sanwiched bracket in cardboard to prevent it from being bent).
No reply from my emails complaining about it. :rain:

First and last item I'll be purchasing from this guy.

Cons:
No email updates on when the item was shipped. Took almost a month to arrive from GA :rolleyes:
Item arrived bent (Poor packing. Just stuffed in little padded envelope. Could've sanwiched bracket in cardboard to prevent it from being bent).

Remember, a backplate is already flat. I think it would be hard to get bent.

Although, that's a good point about shipping, he should have updates and/or tracking numbers.
Do you know anybody else fabricating custom plates, though?

Cons:

Haha, doesn't look like they're too reliable. I get at "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" when trying to visit their website atm. :shrug:

Back