• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: Old school April 3DMark 01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks! I'm hoping for the best. Your card definitely out clocks mine on air, but I think I'll make that up with cpu and tweaks. We'll see! :shrug:

Dunuh... Dunuh... Dunuh...

Intel|ChanceCoats123|GTX580 Lightning|Cpu-LN2 Gpu-Stock|147,101

01 147101 JPG.jpg

And the obligatory frosties!

IMG_20130424_191355_zps6736795f.jpg

IMG_20130424_191413_zpsf496fc18.jpg

Feels good to have a productive session once in a while! :rofl:

im back home but don't think I can pull off a 147+k on anything I have :(

147k probably won't stand up for long anyway. I want to use this whole damn dewar full and I have time tonight. :)

Edit: 9:54 CST, 150k falls like a tree.

Last edited:
wish I still had my lighting did 1000 stock cooler :(

but I got the cpu but no card to compete now for 1st :p

I've got a small update, but I also got an 05 run in... 60k+ ain't bad for a set and run!

Edit: Good stuffs!

01 150247 JPG.jpg

And a little frosting on top...

05 60962 JPG.jpg

Edit 2: I've been thinking, and I think it would be fitting if my nickname was "Young Gun." :D Make it happen blues/greens/reds!

Last edited:
INTEL|MetalRacer|GTX Titan|Stock|116376

Capture245.jpg

As I said before these monthly comps have turned into a hardware comp more than a overclocking comp, last months was if you have w Titan you win, this months was if you have a 580 you win, that's why people are not bothering (me included) as you know before you even start that you don't even have a fighting chance at getting a podium finish. They need to be more focused on overclocking rather than hardware performance. Just my 2 cents and I'm sure there's others that would disagree/agree but that's my feelings on these comps.

BTW Ben you are doing a great job running these and I for one appreciate it :thup:

As I said before these monthly comps have turned into a hardware comp more than a overclocking comp, last months was if you have w Titan you win, this months was if you have a 580 you win, that's why people are not bothering (me included) as you know before you even start that you don't even have a fighting chance at getting a podium finish. They need to be more focused on overclocking rather than hardware performance. Just my 2 cents and I'm sure there's others that would disagree/agree but that's my feelings on these comps.

BTW Ben you are doing a great job running these and I for one appreciate it :thup:

I bet that if I could get LN2 on my 3770K I could get 140K plus out of 01 with my 670... but I currently have the H100 cooling my CPU...

Back