• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: Old school April 3DMark 01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

Marathon: Old school April 3DMark 01
The benching team invites you to participate. Come over to the Overclocktagon section and compete.
You can learn some tips and tweaks, plus see how your scores compare.
No pressure, just overclocking, tweaking and fun!

This month the Marathon Benching Competition will be continuing with 3D Mark 01. Please refer to the MBC rules here for any clarification on what is and isn't allowed.

Note! any OS is allowed, but running XP will score up to 3 times better than any other OS... *HINT*HINT*

What: 3DMark 01
Who: any forum member
GPU: any GPU, SLI and CFX allowed
CPU: any CPU, no speed cap
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends April 30th 11:59 PST
Please use the background below.
Download the 3D Mark benchmark:
Here
Full Competition Rules:
here

Please post a summary of your results like this "Division(AMD or Intel)|Name|GPU|Cooling|Time" along with the other required information... ie... Screen Shot with correct background. Divisions will be AMD cpu or Intel CPU
Background: aprilbackground.jpg

Leaderboard:
Division|Name|GPU|Cooling|Score
Intel|DOM.|HD4870|LN2|140532
AMD|trailertrash13|gtx 680|H2O|77199
Intel|theELVISCERATOR|gtx 280|air cooling|83328
AMD|Mandrake|Radeon 5850|H2O|61106
AMD|Bobnova|GTX 580|Stock|78432
Intel|jiccman1965|GTX 480|STOCK|126623
Intel|Moho|MSI 6850|Air|97071
Intel|Dark_n_Beyond|GTX 580|Stock|143081
Intel|ChanceCoats123|GTX580 Lightning|Cpu-LN2 Gpu-Stock|150247
Intel|MetalRacer|GTX Titan|Stock|116376
Intel|Luis_GT|GTX 670|Stock|118155
AMD|xsuperbgx|HD 5870|Stock|67304

Last edited:
Cool background. Do they have the cool moving backgrounds with that?

I keep getting an error that states, '3DMark2001 SE was not able to detect 128 MB of memory. At least 128 MB of memory is required for 3DMark to run correctly.'

I'm assuming this is a compatibility issue with Windows 7? I tried running in compatibility mode for XP and 2000, but received the same error. Any thoughts?

What chance means to say is, you'll get a score 2-3 times higher by running in XP.

I have absolutely no idea what type of framework this thing uses because I was just learning to drive on my own when it came out....

If anyone here was around back when you mail ordered this on 5.25" floppy disks and might have some working knowledge of it, is there any obvious reason that either Nvidia/AMD might fair better than the other with otherwise even power cards, or why perhaps older hardware might be expected to run that needs more than a graphing calculator to render?

:D

Haha... really, no actual dislike of the pick this month at all. I much prefer it to last month when I gave up after trying to run the bench for free once to get a feel for it, and had my GPU give up before the tutorial actually had finished and turned into the bench run. :bang head

GTX580 is where it's at.
Failing that, 4890 or GTX285/280 or GTX480.

Mostly it's a question of CPU (SB/IB is mandatory for a good score, clocks are key. Massive, massive clocks) though, and to a lesser extent tweaking.

I think that I've used up my allowance of daily Back to the Future references already, but I guess tomorrow I'm going to be working on the Flux Capacitor so I can go back and snag me some brand new 580's and 4890's. Who wants me to bring back some blank cassette tapes for their mixes?......

Woot I'm in :p

But if I'm not to tired when I get out of work in the moring XD

Dewar is full and 4870 is ready for some juice....

INTEL/jiccman1965/single/MSI 7970 OC/1225/1790/stock cooling

Got to get things started.

3dmark01@115143.JPG

Last edited:
INTEL/DOM./HD4870/1080-1150/LN2

attachment.php

Attachments

• 01.PNG
    01.PNG
    237.6 KB · Views: 899
Back