• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge 2013 - A Call to Arms - All Aboard the USS Poo Flinger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_cultie

The annual Chimp Challenge will soon be upon us so it is now time to train,
prepare our systems, recruit extra help and get ready for battle!!

Some of you have been asking if the USS Poo Flinger would return,
I'm afraid the answer is no, but also, yes.
The ship went to its top secret facility and was examined and it was decided
that it would not be able to handle this years even tougher battle.
After a year of work I'd like to unveil the new USS Poo Flinger stealth battle ship,
which arrived last night under the cover of darkness!!

USS%20Poo%20Flinger%202013.jpg

We now need a crew who will give more than they got, who will scrape the
bottom of the barrel for that extra 1 ppd, who will fling poo until their arms
cannot even move, who will borg anything that has a cpu and above all,
will never give up the fight to win!!

So sign up here, make your pledge to your team here!!

We look forward to battling alongside every one of you.

Further information can be found in the following threads:

The Chimp Challenge Folding Race for 2013 Announcement

Chimp Challenge FAQ and Tips

Captains the_cultie and Adak

I herby pledge all my Poo Producing Drones, an upgrade from last years Poo Producing Dispencers, to the cause. I will report directly to munitions... errr what deck is that on?

Ready and willing again this year. Got my passkey and will have rigs ready to start folding before the challenge starts. I'm down a 2600k (havent been able to get another yet) but I'm up two GtX670s and a couple of phenom quads.

I have no idea why I get excited about the Chimp Challenge but I do... heh

My rig is ready to go. :thup: If I had a bigger power supply, I could make use of at least one of the two 670s I have lying around

Im ready to go, and have a handful of spare/stock computers at the office that will be 'broken-in' for the challenge!

Hoping to break 200k ppd

Is there a particular version of the client for windows one should use?

Welcome aboard, make yourselves comfortable in the upgraded quaters. This year you get a pillow.

I herby pledge all my Poo Producing Drones, an upgrade from last years Poo Producing Dispencers, to the cause. I will report directly to munitions... errr what deck is that on?
That would be deck 2, beside the poo tanks.

I have no idea why I get excited about the Chimp Challenge but I do... heh
I can't explain it either. I haven't been too active here lately and i only have a couple of old machines still folding in Ireland, but I always get so excited and competitive when this happens
Is there a particular version of the client for windows one should use?
From what I remember v7 is the best and easiest client to use on windows, check the Announcement thread for further links and details.

I'm in. A better GPU before the 13th would be ideal, and I've located a better OC for my CPU, just need to test it this weekend. Found it near the Poop deck of all places ?? :shock:

Midshipman, goose90proof (CC codename "Turdle") reportin' for doody. I'm ready to drop a load, and fling poo. All cores are folding on module T32 at maximum crapacity. Dis gon be da sheeitt!

Welcome to the team, dostov! It will be a great race!

Ironically, I just folded my first wu for TRP, to qualify my passkey there. Dropping a few points as I get re-acquainted.

Back