• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delidding Ivy Bridge Without a Razor Blade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Less tough. Core2 45nm stuff was pretty durable. 65nm core2 stuff was almost indestructable.
Core i stuff is significantly easier to kill.

Very, very, very smart!

I love the process.

It reminds me taking off the cylinder head on my Honda CR500 lol!

So, when you delid these things - do you just replace the stock glue with thermo paste?

And what is the average thermo drop once completed?

i saw the vice, block of wood, and a hammer and LMAO.
then i figured out they're serious. :shock:

took the IHS off my 2.4C. i used a razor but wasn't dental floss used in the past?
it put some nice dings in my water block, and my heatsink.
would never do it again, which is why i bought a Sandy chip. :chair:

I am happy with my CPU and I cannot afford to replace it. I am saving for a Fangbook. Delidding sounds fun but not practical for me. But it is nice to see guys taking these CPU's to an even higher level. Such great thinkers there are out there. I wonder what Intel thinks of you guys modding their CPU to make it better than they did. Makes me laugh. Good work guys!:salute:

actually floss sounds like not a half bad idea thats how you debadge cars. i could see it working quite well actually for cars ive found fishing line works better but ...hmmm we may be onto something here

Back