• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new Benchmarking type toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel DP45SG motherboard. looks like it really needs ddr3 1333...

case fans will be coming in soon though!

Attachments

• P051813_2327.jpg
    P051813_2327.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
You won't be able to oc that sucker...not without setfsb and such, and even then it's likely to just die after a 1mhz increment like my d945gccr.

i think you didnt read the manual for this board. it obviously showed the settings for ocing.

Last edited:
Intel? really? Most boards SUCK for ocing or they don't even have oc settings...No I didn't read it tool! :p
You're gonna mine with it though, right? Should be in the what you got today thread and not the one for benching stuff...

Well I got a 2600K on the way with some low profile Crucial Ballistix Tactical and soon ordering my wc stuff...

It's not meant to oc...so I don't really care. ;)
Someone should get back to posting on topic stuff, this is a benching toys thread.

the other thread is locked so i posted here. if that intel board that i got isnt considered a "benching toy" even though it clearly showed some OC settings in the bios (including voltage) then either i dont know what is or maybe its just current and up to date hardware that counts and not any old hardware thats socket 775 (or socket 1366) and below....

actually i have a favor to ask, can someone elaborate to me in detail what can be posted in this thread? im sure i remember seeing some one post a picture of a slot 1 motherboard along with some old hardware (which the post was made this year).

sorry if this sounds like i am getting angry (which i am a little right now, having a hard time here), but i really get tired of getting told these kinds of things. in fact, if your going to do that, change the thread name to something like

"what new benching toys that came out in 2013 did you get today"

would be more appropriate. just thought i get this off my chest. gonna go meditate now.

what i dont get is that when i checked the manual for the Intel DP45SG, i saw the settings for OCING the CPU yet its not considered a "benchmarking toy".

what i am trying to ask is, what makes a benchmarking toy specifically?

in case your wondering what im going to do with it, im going to put in a 7950 or whatever radeon card i have and then use it for bitcoin mining, linux gaming and testing, and virtual computing. i will be overclocking both the CPU and mostly the GPU.

forget it, i give up.go back to talking about the "Benchmarking toys" you got today.

Are you going to use it for benchmarking? Yes? Then post it here.

No? Then post it here.

I'm not trying to be snarky. I seriously don't understand the confusion.

what i dont get is that when i checked the manual for the Intel DP45SG, i saw the settings for OCING the CPU yet its not considered a "benchmarking toy".

what i am trying to ask is, what makes a benchmarking toy specifically?

in case your wondering what im going to do with it, im going to put in a 7950 or whatever radeon card i have and then use it for bitcoin mining, linux gaming and testing, and virtual computing. i will be overclocking both the CPU and mostly the GPU.

forget it, i give up.go back to talking about the "Benchmarking toys" you got today.

Well, clearly you don't understand what I mean cause you don't do competitive benchmarking...don't get mad, I was saying that cause there's another thread for stuff like that board, new toys that is (which Thideras linked you to)

Benchers will most of the time brag about their new good for benching stuff, like a very well known ddr2 stick, or say a gtx 580 classified, but it doesn't have to be something new. Rather something that excels for overclocking or point making at hwbot.org

I got HD7790 Club3D on friday too. PCB/power section looks like ASUS, or nearly the same as any other 7790 :p. Nice card so far :thup:

There are also 3 memory kits from Kingston but I'm waiting for correction as they messed up order ... for example instead of one 16GB memory kit they sent me 512GB flash drive worth 1k$ :D ( sadly I have to send it back ).

I got HD7790 Club3D on friday too. PCB/power section looks like ASUS, or nearly the same as any other 7790 :p. Nice card so far :thup:

There are also 3 memory kits from Kingston but I'm waiting for correction as they messed up order ... for example instead of one 16GB memory kit they sent me 512GB flash drive worth 1k$ :D ( sadly I have to send it back ).

Haha that 1k$ flash drive will be on eBay in 3yrs for $20, I remember when a 32GB flash was really expensive, now there out there for less than a pack of beers. It would be pretty cool having 512GB worth of storage in your pocket though.

I would of sold the flash drive and got 32GB of ram and money in my pocket XD

All I got was another 8800GTX and lil 9500GT :p

And 2 3870X2 later this week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back