• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to run F@H in Ubuntu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mandrake4565

Mr. Clean Senior Member
I wanted to see if myy ppd went up using Ubuntu. I downloaded and installed fahcontrol 7.3.6-1 "Express installation"from the website and then went into the terminal and typed FAHControl <enter> I'm getting the message
connection error: 111: connection refused
error on connection to 127.0.0.1:36330: [Errno 111] connection refused.

I'm trying this on an AMD 955be cpu

Last edited:
123.0 etc., is YOU - local. And the error is telling you that your OS is actively refusing to allow FAHControl to make that connection.

So either you don't have permission (use sudo first), or your firewall needs to be told to allow FAHControl to make that connection.

And yes, you will certainly make more points with Linux (of any kind), than you will folding with windows.

Production in folding can be graded like this:

First: Native Linux, BSD, and OSX (approx. 10% better than Windows)

Second: Windows with VM using Linux, BSD or OSX (approx. 5% better than Windows)

Third: Native Windows

I'm in the beginning stage of using ubuntu Adak, how do I "use sudo first"?

In Linux, you log on, and you're YOU, with certain rights - but you're not a "Super User", except when you specifically request it, and it expires after a bit.

So you can use "su" at the terminal, to request Super User status.

But first, are you logged in? - name should be in the upper right hand corner of the desktop

I think I got it running thanks Adak, I'll check back if I have any issues. Thanks

It's producing about 1500 ppd more in ubuntu then win 7.

Last edited:
I just try

sudo FAHControl

and still got:

Connection Error: 111: Connection refused
ERROR on connection to 127.0.0.1:36330: [Errno 111] Connection refused

what's wrong with my ubuntu? :D

Back