• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX Support - What happened? Old accounts gone? How to contact now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I registered my 6870 with them the day it arrived from newegg, even before I had built the PC. I just tried to log in to see if an after market cooler would affect my lifetime warranty. Apparently I am not a user and they have no record of my email address ever being used on their site. Well that's encouraging.

Personally I didn't buy XFX because of the warranty, I figured in this day and age they like most other corporations would use the slightest reason to weasel out of it somehow.

I registered my 6870 with them the day it arrived from newegg, even before I had built the PC. I just tried to log in to see if an after market cooler would affect my lifetime warranty. Apparently I am not a user and they have no record of my email address ever being used on their site. Well that's encouraging.

Personally I didn't buy XFX because of the warranty, I figured in this day and age they like most other corporations would use the slightest reason to weasel out of it somehow.

It was their mistake... When I contacted them they told me to re-register my card under the new support system and that the lifetime warranty would be unaffected and still eligible. I would contact them and see what they say, I'd bet they tell you to re-register the card...

Also from previous research I believe XFX will honor their warranty even when used with after market cooling, as long as the card itself hasn't been modified and if and when the card is sent it you have you have to return it to stock, ie. re-install the stock heatsink, etc...

Back