• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to join SETI but I dont know if my build will be able to do it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool thanks... So SETI means: Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence right because thus what I'm signing up for!

That is correct, SETI is a project of the University of California at Berkeley and is focused on the search for intelligence outside of our planet through the examination of 'space noise'. The data is collected by the Arecibo Observatory , divided into chunks by the Berkeley SETI project, then distributed thru the SETI distributed computing project to computers like ours for processing. Our computers then return the processed chunk (called a work unit) to Berkeley where a validity check is performed to ensure that our computers returned the same result as another project participant. The validated work is then reviewed for statistically interesting signals. Those statistically interesting signals are candidates for rescanning by the Arecibo radio telescope.

If SETI finds intelligent life I hope that it will result in cures for many of the ills that plague mankind, and that they are crunchy and taste good with ketchup or tartar sauce.

Well I knew about the creation of it (thanks Fox) and how it worked just making sure that was what it is here... I love the sound space makes.... Every star had a unique sound and physics lets that happen... I'm getting a Bachelors in Physics.

Back