• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Operation Primate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_cultie

USS%20Poo%20Flinger%202013%20OP.jpg

Once again Chimp Challenge is coming to a close and that can mean only one thing,
it’s time to start saying thank you to all the people and teams
that have helped us during the challenge. Therefore I'd like to introduce
"Operation Primate"
The operation starts at the end of Chimp Challenge.
It has been an honor to battle along side you all.
the_cultie & Adak :salute:

Within this operation we have organised a number of missions to help the people and teams that have helped us.
Each mission is color coded to match the mission map below.
This year each mission duration will be based on delivering the same amount of points plus a little more that each team sacrificed to give to us. We are just waiting on the final data and this post will be updated as soon as we know. Regardless the operation will start after the race is over.
We will also use a team name and passkey as this will help us keep track of points delivered and to make sure everyone gets what they deserve. It also means each folder only has to change the team number during this operation.

Please note that some colors will not match the map as I've had to change them to work with the new light skin the forum is defaulted to :sly:

Reddit Reward
This mission begins on Tuesday 23rd after Chimp Challenge winds up. We will sail from our home on Monkey Island aboard the USS Poo Flinger to port at News Central.
We will unload supplies and give them a nice party to thank them for their help. The party will end as soon as XXX points has been delivered.
Folding name: OCFthanksReddit
Team number: 50959
Passkey: 3311d92fd7ee331bd66dfe6eea01708b
Points to deliver: 2,583,900
Points delivered: 2,835,575 :D

Thanking TRP
After we finish on News Central we shall weigh anchor and sail for Raptor Islands. Here we shall deliver the most prized item on the islands;
completed work units. We will remain in port until we have delivered enough points to power their point powered reactor until next year.
Folding name: OCFthanksTRP
Team number: 74960
Points to deliver: 4,073,663
Points delivered: 4,161,643 :thup:

Tom’s Thank You
After we finish at Raptor Islands we will head to port at Tom’s Retreat.
We will unload supplies and have some shore leave on this island retreat.
Folding name: OCFthanksTomsHardware
Team number: 40051
Points to deliver: 5,130,385
Points delivered: 5,243,310

Pit Crew’s Pit Stop
Next we shall make a pit stop over at Crater Island to help with repairs and upgrades for the Pit Crew team. We’ll also give them a nice stash of points to keep them going for the year.
Folding name: OCFthanksPitCrew
Team number: 32035
Points to deliver: 14,533,867
Points delivered: 14,920,617

Linus’ Tip
After we finish our relaxing stop at Crater Island we will sail at full speed to Linus Sanctuary. Again we’ll supply them with a healthy supply of completed work units and also a few extra for good measure.
Folding name: OCFthanksLinusTTT
Team number: 223518
Points to deliver: 2,915,270

Helping [H]
We will then sail to port at [H] Haven. We will unload desperately needed supplies and help in their epic battle with EVGA. This battle was going on last year and is still going.
Folding name: OCFthanks[H]
Team number: 33
Points to deliver: 25,519,829
Points delivered: 25,545,265

SETI Tsunami
We will then start on the home stretch of our mission and head for UFO Archipelago. Stay alert as we pass through the strait of E.T. Strange things have been reported there, Adak even went missing last year as we passed through here! When we dock we shall bring enough fire power to create a tsunami to wash over their enemies.
For the SETI mission you can use your own username. We will remain in port for 3 days.

Rosetta Rescue
Our last port of call is at Rosetta Refuge. We shall stay here for 4 days as we unload much need fuel that they graciously donated to us to keep the USS Poo Flinger going during the battle.
Again, you can use your own username.

Return to Monkey Island - BACK HOME TO THE FOLD!!!!
After the 4 day stay at Rosetta Refuge we shall return home to resume our regular folding mission. The USS Poo Flinger will be brought into dry dock where she will be given a complete inspection and repairs in preparation for next year’s battle.

Operation%20Primate.jpg

Last edited:
I should mention that I'll be helping the Linus team out after the CC (even though I'm on Tom's Hardware team).

It's one of those promises that I made to them I would do for them and I did bring them over so I should help out.

Welcome aboard you all, this will be a little more relaxed than the chimp challenge race :D

No pirates on Raptor island so no poo flinging required. I do have a nice keg of grog to share though.

You guys always provided the best grog on the thank you missions :thup:

Also just updated the first post with the logo :p

Back