• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED TigerDirect Nexus 7 $99 AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Note that it says it's the old discontinued 8GB version and is refurbished.

Supposedly a much faster higher res Nexus 7 will be released in a few months at the same price the current model sells for, so it's probably worth waiting at this point if you don't already have one.

Having to activate the software to get the rebate is kind of poopy, but $100 for a Nexus 7, even if it's the 8GB, is still a nice price. The new Nexus 7 will be quite a bit better I'm sure but unless the old model continues on at a reduced price (say, $150 for 16GB) it will be twice the price.

If you're going to use a tablet for tablet stuff, general web browsing, streaming, light games, etc 8GB is 'ok' and the current Nexus 7 is 'ok' too. Plus the Nexus 7 when rooted can use USB-On-The-Go (plus in a thumb drive to expand storage with a few dollar dongle cable). As long as the refurb isn't junky it seems like a good deal.

I bought one. The Nexus 7 has the first gen Tegra 3. It's a quad core at 1.2 GHz and has the 5th core at 500 MHz to offload programs to it when the quad core is not needed. It got great reviews as recently as last year and will fit my needs perfectly.

The software is junk. I could not find any resonable review that found it worth buying. In this case, I pay $0 for it and then give me $70 towards a referb tablet. I do have to register the software with a CC but then I can cancel and pay nothing.

If you're going to use a tablet for tablet stuff, general web browsing, streaming, light games, etc 8GB is 'ok' and the current Nexus 7 is 'ok' too. Plus the Nexus 7 when rooted can use USB-On-The-Go (plus in a thumb drive to expand storage with a few dollar dongle cable). As long as the refurb isn't junky it seems like a good deal.

Was just going to ask about the USB OTG thing. Just got a cable for $2 or so off Amazon for my GS3, and it's always cool being able to pull something off a flash drive if the need arises. Since it's only the 8GB Nexus, having that feature would be nice.

My unit came in the other day. I love it. Its really fast and does everything that I need.

I use Andromouse to control my HTPC via wireless, facebook and email.

I got my rebate and was able to spend it on my cable bill. All I have to do now is cancel my AV subscription that I had to get to qualify for this deal.

Back